Kity 619 QUESTION

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rspsteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am a complete newbie to woodworking and am currently setting up my first w/shop , one of my big toos is a used Kity 619 bought second hand from a forum member thanks (woodyone) .

I am just getting the tools set up and in place so together with my stepdad who has a little more knowledge than I do rebult the table saw and parts from when I picked it up .

My question is on the fence there are 2 "knob type things" i cant work out what these do would anyone have an idea ?

I wont get a chance to take a pic till Wednesday .

Thanks in advance

Steve

one is fence adjust, the other is micro adjust. not sure quite how they work, but it should be obvious when you see it.

marcros":2px3uu8a said:
one is fence adjust, the other is micro adjust. not sure quite how they work, but it should be obvious when you see it.

2 knobs actually on the fence not the handles.

Oh sorry. I am only guessing then- possibly a means if attachment for the fence extrusion, or some form of adjustment maybe.

Hi

From page 20 of the manual it appears they secure the stop rail - see also illustrations J1 and J2. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I on the table saw front will know the relevance of this :oops:

Regards Mick

Just had a look at the manual. You will see on the very first pic that the main fence has an adjustable full length sub fence. That can be adjusted for narrow stock and pulled forward in front of the blade to allow short items to be cut to length with the fence. You will often see Norm do it with tenons etc.

This shows better than i can explain. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7QXIN2X8-w

Back