Kity 419 rise and fall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Had the Kity for about a year now and very pleased with it.

However, the blade rise and fall is becoming stiff to operate and I wonder if there's anything I can do before going back to the supplier (NMA)?

Don't want to get to the stage of forcing anything and breaking bits!!

Any help appreciated from fellow users who I know lurk here!!

I've got the Combi 2000 which uses a lot of the same saw parts.

The thread of the rise & fall and the nut it goes into get a layer of dust built up on them, clean it off with a tooth brush and apply a dry lubricant like GT85. I do mine every couple of months or whenever it starts to get stiff.

Jason

Yup, I agree that dust build up is most likely. I got mine second hand from the bay and couldnt get the blade down less than 5mm above the table. Turned it over and gave it a good clean up, problem solved.

Steve.

Thanks for the responses, - I suspected it was dust build up.

So, - sort of stupid question. I've got all the extension tables etc. bolted on and don't want to disturb the set up if I can help it (lazy git!!). What's the best way to access the rise and fall mechanism or is it impossible without some dismantling?

Thanks again.

On mine I just turned it over and cleaned from underneath with a toothbrush and a dustpan and brush. I was a little wary of taking the side off before I turned it over as I didnt know how it was put together. I also didnt have the leg kit, making turning it over a little easier. Side extensions and sliding carriage were not on it as I did it after transporting it home before putting it in its final resting place.

Pay particular attention to the stop point of the rise and fall mechanism, this is where mine was caked up.

Steve.

stuartpaul
If you remove the side covers you should be able to access the mechanism. The side covers are only held on with a few hex head screws. Its far easier that turning the things over.

For dry lubes also look in cycle shops as they were/are popular with off roaders, I think that is where GT85 originated.

Bean

Latest posts

Back