Kity 1637 p/t

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Davin. I have already been on the powertoolspares site and they don't do them. I can't find any on the NMA site either but I'll try and find the part number in my manual tomorrow and do another search.

Hi, axminster's current range of trade planer thicknessers are based (almost copies) of the kity machines, most of the aw106pt spares fit my kity 2636 so the larger model axminster equivalent may do the job for your kity machine. I've used axminster spares on my machine with no problems before.

Worth a shot.

Thanks

Alex

miles tool & machinery spares are most helpful

Further to that ..why do you need a serrated roller? If you have soft rollers and the feed isn't pushing through then this could be due to wear on the tyres of the roller. I had to replace my feed rollers as they were slipping and I could see a good two millimetre gap in the centre of the roller when put against a straight edge.

I have given my scheppach some challenging timber and always with the soft roller and without issue.

Regards

'Sue'

Thanks Alex I'll look into that.

Simon the roller is getting clogged up with chippings/dust in about 10 passes and then won't move the wood at all. After I clean the roller the wood passes through fine for another 10 passes (gradually getting worse with each pass). So it must be this roller that causing the problem. Also when I'm cleaning the roller I have noticed that it is worn in the middle. Waxing the bed does help slighty, but I'm certain the main problem is the roller. See you tomorrow. What time?

In my experience with this machine, clogged infeed roller is a direct consequence of poor dust extraction.
To be honest, I don't think replacing it is a logical step to reduce clogging.

MM

didn't realise the kity has solid rollers.

Looked at the machine , Froggy and I decided that with a combination of silicone lubricant .....better extraction and some shiny sharp blades all will be well....fingers crossed... Let us know how it turns out.

Back