Keepsake box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

First time I've posted any of my work.

My niece is getting married tomorrow and she asked me to make a keepsake box that would hold letters from the bride and groom and a bottle of wine. All to be opened 10 years on. Wood is a mix of Ash and American Cherry for contrast. Ian (flh801978) was kind enough to do the words on the lid with his CNC router. There's a couple of copper rosehead nails to 'close' the box. These are predrilled to avoid any embarrassing 'splitting' noises at the reception :shock: The curly ash shavings go into the box to 'hold' the bottle.

Never made a box before, quite chuffed with the way it's turned out. Shame about the quality of the photo though. :?

i have been asked to do something similar

i know who to ask for the carving bit now :D

my project will be a wooden book...... for my sins
luckily i have until september next year

Steve

forgot to say :oops: fantastic box u made there

Harbo Thankyou.The choice of wine was left to the groom's side to sort out. I have my doubts though. Oh well it's a lovely thought.

The happy event was yesterday - and I had a request for something similar from my nephew's fiance. Well, at least I've got a years notice!

Baldhead":3tkffksm said:
Nice box and a nice idea, I'm hoping to do something similar for my nephews wedding, if I can find the time.

Baldhead

That's a lovely looking box, a very presentable (cough) first attempt :) and a really good idea - my younger brother is getting married in October, I might have a go at doing this.