Kapex KS120 sliding compound mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobsagooden

Established Member
Reaction score
So, what do you think?

see http://www.festool.de/ipt_domino/

spec:
260mm blade dia.
Cutting capacity - 90/90 = 305x88, 90/45 = 215x88, 45/45 = 215x55 left, 215x35 right
Mitre capacity 50 deg left, 60 deg right
Special height setting which gives a cutting depth of 120mm for cutting strip material vertically
Dual laser line (one fine line for each side of the blade!)
only 21.5kg
Built-in bevel for measuring/dividing angles

Sägeblattdurchmesser is indeed 260 mm.
sorry about that. :oops: I will correct original post.

Just about to buy a Bosch GCM10SD, but may wait to see this first.

In usual Festool tradition, it's much more expensive than the competition but does look good.

Is it worth paying (a lot) extra for the Festool badge or is it THAT good?

I wonder what the repeatable accuracy is? Bosch and Dewalt claim great accuracy figures, can't wait hear about one of these.

Maybe some of our European forum members have tried this and would like to enlighten us? :D

Looks good. I particularly like the idea of rack and pinion type bevel angle adjustment from the front. Also, either the video is cleverly edited, or they appear to have made a SCMS where the dust extraction actually works!!

Only trouble is, being Festool you can bet you'll pay through the nose for both these features.

Mark

Hi Mark

MarkW":3v0iomla said:
Also, either the video is cleverly edited, or they appear to have made a SCMS where the dust extraction actually works!!

Fantastic news.

MarkW":3v0iomla said:
Only trouble is, being Festool you can bet you'll pay through the nose for both these features.

Presumably, but imho the dust extraction alone will make it worthwhile.

Cheers
Neil

Quoted at Euro 975 without the MFtable or E1600 with it. ie £662 or £1086. Doesn't seem to quite add up since the MFT 800 is not £424! Info was posted at the Festool Owners group forum.

If the DX is good then that alone would be worth it for me when I'm fitting in customers homes. Its the only tool that really causes a mess IMO.

Cheers

Tim

Ah festool, so nice to look at and to use.

Regarding the CSMS I watched the demo at Ally Pally and was so impressed that I ordered one there and then. Got a little bit of show discount but not enough to gloat over.

Unfortunately they don't come to the UK until next month, but having already done the order I will get one of the first batch.

I'll do a review when its up and running and if anyone wnats to come and play they are always welcome, good to try before you buy as they say.

tim":h1g8ig0u said:
Waka

What did you pay for it please?

Cheers

Tim

£667.00 and when you consider what you are getting for that its a good buy. I think it will retail in the UK for £687.00

Previous comment on the dust extraction the video is not cleverly edited, it does actually work. Another gadget that comes with the saw is the angle gauge and this tucks neatly into the leg of the machine. What can I say, really impressive machine and not a great deal dearer than some other top brands.

When you consider the other offering, it's not a bad price. Who who buy DeWalt DW718 305mm at over £700!

Well....

I really need a new mitre saw and whilst i have never owned anything by festool this could be the first ..Most of you guys seem to only have good things to say about this particular manufacturer...

I look forward to following this thread and look forward to a review from whoever is lucky enough to get their paws on one first.

Just wondering if a 12 inch saw might not offer just that little extra flexability for someone like me who only has the space for 1 benchtop saw...

I would be interested your opinion if you have one.

Happy days....work tomorrow Yippee !.....(just kiddding)

Phil

Phil":gwk62kve said:
.Most of you guys seem to only have good things to say about this particular manufacturer...

Do you not think that this is linked to the exhorabtent pricing?

Yes, its the same thing as Lie Nielsen. Price buys you quality, albeit on a scale of diminishing returns.

In a quest to own the most power tools on the planet, i placed an order for mine today, expected delivery date is 17th April 2007.
Price including VAT is £785.00

Will do a write up if anyone is interested on knowing how good this is.

:eek:ccasion5:

Back