Jointmaker Pro assembly - now finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hog&bodge":349q52i1 said:
wizer":349q52i1 said:
put some shoes on man ! :)

:lol:
Kids and toyshop...get to us all...

Look forward to seeing it in action..Thanks for the pics so far

:oops: I blame the under floor heating (or call it eccentric). At home i about never where shoes, outside I do but the laces always come loose after a few minutes. As I never ever tripped over them I've given up on re-doing them over and over.

tnimble":w4c2w0e7 said:
If I recall correctly the JM-P ships with a crosscut balde. The other blades (3 types) are a separate purchase and sold per 5 for about USD 20 per blade.

Thanks Laura, that's what I thought. I ordered a pack of each with my JMP, but after seeing your package thought that perhaps I could be getting extras.

Everything is comming together:

I very much like the black and blue blade guides who firmly hold the blade straigth and upright just below where the blade protrudes the tables.

jmp_010.jpg

jmp_011.jpg

jmp_012.jpg

Onlt the flip stops have to be mounted, the blade inserted and aligned along the length of the tables.

Took a wee look at the video for this as I hadn't seen it in action before. Seems to be impressive enough. Just one thought though. Couldn't help but think about a finger slipping in the way when you've a little momentum going! :?

TrimTheKing":osk66cw7 said:
More MORE!! I can't wait to see this in action.

I have absolutely no need for it, but I guarantee I will end up buying one sometime soon, it is just so shiny and cool looking :D

Cheers

Mark

I see a trip back up north in my future ;)

Today I finished up the assembly. I only had to do the flip stops, the cursor (that was a bit hard to get in the tiny slot with my clumsy big fingers), the blad and adjust/align everything.

I now only need to build a deeper bench (already designed, and the beach has been aclimating for near a year or so). Or I need to buy the stand (along with f.i. the Centee scribe 2, fox tail shoulder plane, HP6-v2 Mini Multi plane (set) :roll: )

jmp_013.jpg

And for the shaving / saw dust junkies: a 10 second 4mm 30 degree dovetail in a piece of srubbish wood

jmp_014.jpg

To sum up:

assembling the saw was a fun project not taking very long to do. The high standards of Bridge City Tool Works is perceivable in each and every component. The saw tables and blade 'trunnion' function very well and comfortable. Operation seems easy even though the saw is currently setting up way to high.

Can't wait to do the set of 4 drawers I need to make

TrimTheKing":18qk3rq0 said:
More MORE!! I can't wait to see this in action.

I have absolutely no need for it, but I guarantee I will end up buying one sometime soon, it is just so shiny and cool looking :D

Cheers

Mark

If you do, I think the next NW bash should DEFINITELY be at your place. :D

Cheers

Karl

Back