Jointmaker Pro assembly - now finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnimble

Established Member
Reaction score
After many many months of waiting and growing anticipation it finaly happened. Today this package from Bridge City Tool Works was delivered (sorry for the sneak peak)

jmp_001.jpg

As seen the unit is very well packaged (as may be expcted for it's price and the makers reputation)

jmp_002.jpg

The packaging itself is a piece of art

jmp_003.jpg

Many many parts, buts and bolts

jmp_004.jpg

The next layer revealed

jmp_005.jpg

The 2 packs of saw blades (rip and crosscut) and more alu extrusions

jmp_006.jpg

Putting this baby together will probably keep me off the streets for a while :p

For those who haven't seen it:
Jointmaker Pro Saw - High Res - Bridge City Tool Works

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't wait to see this one unfold!

Philly":2srmvnxg said:
Excellent! Its an amazing saw!
Philly :D

I hope so ;)

wizer":2srmvnxg said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't wait to see this one unfold!

Can't either

All parts unpacked and accounted for! yeah

jmp_007.jpg

That looks fun! Do keep us all posted as it takes shape and let us know if it's as good as the promo videos suggest.

Andy

Well I have no idea what it is and haven't looked it up, so looking forward to seeing it put together and then seeing what it can do.

It's very shiny anyway

And that always helps

Come on Laura get a move on cant wait to see it in action.............

Harry

Not that I'm someone who admires shiny tools, you understand, but it looks much better in blue than the orange of the videos.

tnimble":2edp9kp6 said:

You are a braver man that I taking all of the screws and bolts out of the packaging. The moment I do that they all disappear under heavy furniture or down cracks in floorboards never to be seen again ;)

tnimble

When I saw the video I thought that it would be the cat's _ _ _ for turners that do segmented work. Lots less waste from the kerfs, quick to change angles, and safer to use. Now I will get to see through your eyes how well it would work for stuff like that. What prompted you to get one?

frugal":2ljsrtx0 said:
tnimble":2ljsrtx0 said:

You are a braver man that I taking all of the screws and bolts out of the packaging. The moment I do that they all disappear under heavy furniture or down cracks in floorboards never to be seen again ;)

With a flat and level bench and the cat kept out of the shop ther is no reason why any should vanish into 'the black hole-o-socks and pencils'

Inspector":2ljsrtx0 said:
tnimble
When I saw the video I thought that it would be the cat's _ _ _ for turners that do segmented work. Lots less waste from the kerfs, quick to change angles, and safer to use. Now I will get to see through your eyes how well it would work for stuff like that. What prompted you to get one?
When seeing the first pictures on rhe web I had no idea how and what use this saw could have other that showing off with the thinnest piece of dowel rod. But seeing the video I immediately saw the possibilities this saw offers.

Because with most sawing sneaking upto the final cut is not possible (first stroke must be about right) it's very difficult, being visually challenged, to say the least. A dovetail or other precise joinery (when using the shooting board or shoulder plane to finish up is not possible) can easily take a full day to do. I also see a lot of potential in this machine to easy making veneer inlay patterns and as you state to venture into segmented turning without either investing in new power tools (accurate mitre saw) or doing the segments by hand (which would cost me large amounts of time and probably frustration).

I'm waiting for delivery of mine!!! Did those 2 packs of blades come included with the JMP or are they a seperate purchase?

Brent":tp8a6bgq said:
I'm waiting for delivery of mine!!! Did those 2 packs of blades come included with the JMP or are they a seperate purchase?

If I recall correctly the JM-P ships with a crosscut balde. The other blades (3 types) are a separate purchase and sold per 5 for about USD 20 per blade.

Latest posts

Back