joinery apprenticeship

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callumlovatt

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of any joinery companies that take on apprentices in the chesterfield area. I'm still at school but i need to start looking now for next year.

Thanks

You may be better considered if you look up the companies that are still going in your area and write to them all. ( it's been tough out there of late)
Explain a bit about yourself and why you are asking to be considered for an apprenticeship this early, it shows enthusiasm ( a trait hard to find in apprentices of late), follow up the letter with a phone call or take a chance the boss is not too busy and pop in to see if they will have a chat.

I did something similar when I moved to Germany, I wrote letters to several firms to say I was moving near to that company and was looking for work, I gave a brief C.V. and stated I would contact them after my arrival date. Within a fortnight I had a job. It often pays to be pre-emptive.

I wish you success in your quest.

Rob.

ok, thanks for the advice, i dont think any of those courses are close enough. I'll keep looking and hopefully it will pay off.

i think west notts might do a course. Chesterfield college do a bench joinery + site joinery course, but i will also need an employer.

Latest posts

Back