Jigs and Accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings all.

Our friend, Steve Maskery has done a pair of DVDs showing some of his ingenous jigs and accessories. I've had the opportunity to view them and I am impressed. Steve's style is very accessible and the camera work is very professional. You almost feel like you're there in the shop with him. Not only does Steve demonstrate using the jigs but he shows how they're made. He has also included dimensioned drawings of the pieces he builds. they are presented as SketchUp files as well as in PDF and Layout formats.

You all need to get these DVDs and watch them. Please support Steve so he can do more videos.

Here's the link from which you can order Steve's DVDs as well as some accessories that he uses for building some of these jigs.

http://www.workshopessentials.com/

p.s. Steve didn't put me up to this. He doesn't even know I'm writing this. Well, I suppose he will soon enough when he reads it. :lol:

I bought the pair and have so far watched one. I was very very impressed. I can highly recommend.

Had a look at the website and looks good, very professional.

Would like to see more detail on the site of the content of the dvd's though, as tempted, but want to get a better idea of how much content I would be likely to use in practice.

Good luck Steve !

Cheers, Paul. :D

chisel":2stb02wa said:
Would like to see more detail on the site of the content of the dvd's though
At the risk of annoyng Steve, I'd second that. I have a strong feeling there isn't much for hand tool users or I'd have taken the plunge without question - as it is I fear, possibly erroneously, a lot of stuff I simply wouldn't use despite my lapses into tailed demon use. :oops: :D But even if it doesn't suit me (and let's face it, very little does - ask M&S's clothing department) I still wish Steve all the best. About time there was some more British common sense available on DVD :wink:

Cheers, Alf

First of all Thank You to Dave, I didn't expect this but I am, of course, grateful. Fortunately the private feed back I'm getting is good, so I just need a few months for the magazines to catch up, although Fine Woodworking seem to be taking an interest - look out on their Blog.

chisel":2qwwwpwp said:
looks good, very professional.

That's a lot more to do with Charley than it is to me, I'm very grateful.
chisel":2qwwwpwp said:

Point taken. I'll see what I can do. For now, I can tell you I cover jigs for setting hand-held circular saws accurately and repeatable (any, not just Festools!), marking out, routing tenons, (big ones, little ones, angled ones) without big machinery, cutting mortises (straight or otherwise, dovetailed - whatever), how to use a tablesaw and still count to ten, how to make a torsion box efficiently, and more.

I hope that's a straight answer to a straight question and not regarded as advertizing. FWIW I don't think anything I say will make the slightest bit of difference, either people are interested and they will buy or they are not and they won't.

Alf, thank you for you good wishes, they are genuinely appreciated, but let's face it, there won't be any British woodworking DVDs (mine or anyone else's) unless people actually put their hand in their pocket, because they are $%^&*() expensive to produce, and if the first ones are dead ducks there just ain't going to be no more not nohow not never!

Ooh, sometimes I just need the vocubulary equivalent of a burger.

For anyone interested in eCommerce standards, I should say that a good eCommerce company would offer a money-back guarantee, wouldn't they? 7 days, no quibble, if you think you've been sold a lemon, you were drunk at the time, diminished responsibility, whatever. Well, as I intend to be even better than Brimarc at Customer Service (and let's face it, it's a hard act to follow, but I like a challenge) then that's what I'll offer. I suppose ther are some people who would abuse such an offer, but I don't think it's many and I'm prepared to take the risk.

Thank you to all the Early Adopters, I'm very grateful.

Cheers
Steve

I bought the pair and have had only a flick through.But, I agree they are very professional and definitely worth the money.

I'm sure there'll be good take-up when the mags review them.

Ive just ordered a set of the DVDs. Look forward to receiving them and hopefully picking up a few bits to make life easier. A bit of a coincidence but earlier today i came up with a jig for setting the rip width on a circular saw (which is a Festool, but not on the rail). I wont reveal anything until I receive the DVDs in case it gives anything away!!!

Looking forward to watching them, best of luck Steve

Rgds

The Saint

Steve Maskery":1pg10ebc said:
chisel":1pg10ebc said:

Point taken. I'll see what I can do. For now, I can tell you I cover jigs for setting hand-held circular saws accurately and repeatable (any, not just Festools!), ...............

This got me quite interested.

FWIW I don't think anything I say will make the slightest bit of difference, either people are interested and they will buy or they are not and they won't.

I think this is a wrong assumption. I see it as a bit of an off-hand remark, which you may not have intended, never the less anyone reading it who does not know you (me being one), might see the same interpretation.

It used to be fairly common in the 1970s with machinery sellers "Either you want it or you don't". This could put people off, which is something I'm sure you don't want, and what you say really can make a significant difference.

Steve Maskery":2eejlkcr said:
FWIW I don't think anything I say will make the slightest bit of difference, either people are interested and they will buy or they are not and they won't.

personally I find it a refreshing attitude, I can't stand salesmans techniques, closed questions etc or worst still wasting my time with inane questions about business / family etc. My favorite sales reps are the ones which get straight to the point and leave.

Roy Clarke":2u7dd55g said:
Now I am much more interested.

I'm pleased to hear it Roy! I wasn't trying gto be off-hand, not at all; as you rightly point out, I don't want to upset anyone. I was just trying to say, obviously not very clearly, that what other people say about my work has much more value than anything I might say, which in any case, is going to come under the scrutiny of the mods.

BTW, the GlueTube stuff, and several other of my films on YouTube, are all available without a FWW subscription. You'll find Philly on there too.

Cheers
Steve

Steve is there any chance of you adding a different payment processor for your online payments as I have no desire to register with Google Checkout. While I have decided I am willing to put up with the hassle of paying by cheque for the DVDs this once not having a simple pay by credit card option really is a barrier to me placing an order.

Graeme

HI Graeme
I am looking at other ways, but I REALLY don't like PayPal and having my own CC processor is a non-starter. However, do you use Internet Banking? If so, PM me and I'll give you details. You can just transfer the money into my account and I'll process the order as normal.

Is this a satisfactory solution?

Regards
Steve

Thanks Steve

You have a pm.

Do you think there is any likelihood of you selling your DVDs through established internet retailers like Axminster or Classic Hand Tools or even Amazon?

Graeme

Back