JIG FOR MY GRINDER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woody

Are you grinding the chisels on a standard high speed dry grinder? There is a risk of taking the hardness out of the chisel using this method so be careful mate, don't allow the chisel to heat up too much whilst sharpening it

Yeah thanks tony, I keep a glass of lemonade by the side of my grinder for dunking.

I have got a spare dimmer switch, is it practical to wire this to the grinder to slow down the wheels?

devonwoody":29wekwy6 said:
Yeah thanks tony, I keep a glass of lemonade by the side of my grinder for dunking.

I have got a spare dimmer switch, is it practical to wire this to the grinder to slow down the wheels?

Afraid not. The grinder will have a nice quiet induction motor rather than a brushed motor. Induction motor speed is determined by frequency of mains which in UK is set at 50HZ. A dimmer will not change the frequency :cry:

If you did connect it and turned it down alot, the speed would drop BUT there would be no power and it would not grind very well at all

Back