Jet Jwp 12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after having used a Kity best combi 2000 for about two years it's up for sale, and i have decided to move to separates, first purchase at present is a JET JWP 12 thicknesser from Axminster tools, arrived on Friday unboxed it yesterday set it up as per the minimal instructions and now to run some timber to set up the measuring scale what a shock i had when the timber entered the machine and exited without a mark on it in fact it was the same size as it went in?????? :shock: well thought i lets investigate so removed the appropriate covers and to my surprise there staring me in the face was the problem, no BL**dy knives!!!! Phoned Axminster today new machine arrives tomorrow service or what! Just wondering if any other members have had similar experiences.

Bobcat

Welcome to the forum.

Obviously the machine they sent you slipped past quality control, if you don't already know, Axminster have a very good reputation for customer care.

My first thicknesser was the JET. I also bought it from Axminster and mine turned up with a broken casting. Axminster sent another out next day.

For what its worth, I replaced the JET with the Axminster CT330. It is a much beefier machine, but I do not rate it above the JET. I don't think you will be disapointed with it.

Back