Jet JTS-250 "timing" belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowfax

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at the belt for the blade rise and fall on my table saw I see I need a new one quickly.
Any one got a clue as to the best source for the "timing" belt as Jet call it?
Axminster might help but their website is useless for spares.
The Jet site lists Brimarc which takes you straight back to Axminster.
My next thought is to go straight to Homewood where I bought the saw and see if they can get me one but I wonder if it is a stock item.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

SF

my experience of axminster spares is they are superb. i brought a lamello of fleabay that had no fence and other parts broken and made it good with spares. this was on a machine no longer available!
the delivery was also outstanding i ordered at 4.30 on fri and the parts were on my doorstep sat morn! phone technical sales.

Thanks.
I will be making that one of the first things I do tomorrow morning.
Then I will have to take a good look at the saw to figure out exactly how to change the belt when I have it.
Best wishes.

SF

Hi Shadowfax, we have the belts in stock.

I've just sent you a pm with my phone number on it, feel free to contact me via phone or pm if you wish, as depending upon the age of your saw there are two different belts available. Jet upgraded the mechanism for the timing belt about a year ago, and if you wanted the upgrade kit to re-fit (complete with fitting instructions) I can also arrange this for you - upgrade kits are also in stock.

Best regards
Nick
Brimarc Tools and Machinery

Hi Nick

Sorry to hijack this thread, but as a JTS250 owner myself can you tell me why the mechanism was upgraded, I've had trouble myself with sawdust clogging the teeth on the handwheel gear and causing the operation to stiffen and the belt to slip. Would the upgrade solve this and if so how much would it cost? My saw is about three years old and other than this and some initial set up problems with the sliding table ( sorted out by Axminster ) I have been delighted with it.

regards

Richard

Hi Richard - yes, the design upgrade was introduced to overcome the effect of dust building up as you described - with decent extraction most early machines were unaffected - but constant heavy use did see an issue on a small number of machines - hence Jet reacting and changing the design.

If you want to upgrade the mechanism, that's not a problem at all - we have it in stock and I'll be more than happy to arrange an upgrade kit free of charge. The kit has instructions, and realistically will take you maybe around 3hrs to fit if that's ok.

I'll send you a pm to confirm details etc.

Hope this helps

Best regards
Nick

I have just replied to Nick's PM.
What great service!
If there is an upgrade available it would make sense to install it. It looks to me as though dust is what has degraded the belt to the point of causing it to tear. It is not as if it is something that is constantly revolving so I would expect such a thing to last for a very long time.
It now looks like Jet think the same way and have done something about it.
Not sure about the three hours labour, though! Sounds like a bit of engineering is involved.
Cheers.

SF

I know this is a old post but I am having trouble with my supersaw regarding the rise and fall belt. My machine is an early model and has the 3mm pitch belt so don't think it has the upgrade. Is the kit offered free or am I too late and if so what do they cost? I do love my saw but this has been a constant irritation for me and have considered making a chain and sprocket mod for it.

Thanks

Hi Jackal - I will check tomorrow for you when the office is open and see if we have any upgrade kits left - if we have any I will arrange for free.
I'll reply back in this thread
Cheers
Nick

Hi Jackal, sorry for the delay replying - busy time of year as always

Sorry but we have no upgrade kits left and we cannot order anymore - we do have the newer timing belts in stock, but that's no use as you have the 3mm pitch and they are 5mm

I've tried getting the codes off the Jet USA spares website too but it also seems they are out of stock

If you want to pm me your e-mail address I can send you all the files I have ref the upgrade that may help if you are planning to make your own modifications

Best regards
Nick
Brimarc / Jet

Hi I have just got myself a second hand JET JTS-250 and the belt for rise and fall of blade is missing. I found your posts on here and was hoping someone could help me find where i can get a new one? also some of the parts are missing for the sliding table part of it. I take it the mitre fence bolts to the sliding bed somehow but there are no bolts or anything. by looking at parts lists there looks to be two knobs for something, these are missing too! Aslo there must be a normal push mitre fence to go up through the T slot groove on the fixed bed does anyone know where i can get one of these? Hope someone can help.
many thanks, Marc.

The company here in Ireland where I bought my saw said they are able to source these belts. They are not original replacements but are pretty much the same belt. McQuillans in Capel Street in Dublin if you need to look them up.

keithkarl2007":no0vc67r said:
The company here in Ireland where I bought my saw said they are able to source these belts. They are not original replacements but are pretty much the same belt. McQuillans in Capel Street in Dublin if you need to look them up.

Hi

Thanks for the information, without a upgrade available for my saw I scrapped the idea of the belt and as a quick fix I welded a 3/8 drive socket to mine. For this to work I had to remove the front panel and just use a extension bar and ratchet to raise and lower the blade this works well although not pretty. I felt the original system on my saw was rubbish and I would be replacing the belt too frequently so stuck with my tempary solution until I find the time to machine something better.

Regards

you can get the timer belt for jet 250 from tool france tele number 02476619267
but be warned it will cost you £ 87 .00 including postage

Sorry mate i'm new to this forum never noticed the date
I now get why I got the PM off you Tony, no probs at all though - & that was completely my mistake as I then gave you a link for a Laguna Fusion drive belt (hope you have the return sorted?) - Ha I went completely word blind when I read it and my head just substituted your wording 'Jet' for Laguna.

I was originally on this thread because at the time I worked for Axminster selling Jet. Hope you get it sorted anyway, the Supersaw was a good saw.

Yup @Jameshow - I'd like to rewind myself 15 years too - ha pretty sure I didn't get all the niggles/aches and pains I do today, I certainly had no grey hair 🤣
Cheers all,
Nick

I now get why I got the PM off you Tony, no probs at all though - & that was completely my mistake as I then gave you a link for a Laguna Fusion drive belt (hope you have the return sorted?) - Ha I went completely word blind when I read it and my head just substituted your wording 'Jet' for Laguna.

I was originally on this thread because at the time I worked for Axminster selling Jet. Hope you get it sorted anyway, the Supersaw was a good saw.

Yup @Jameshow - I'd like to rewind myself 15 years too - ha pretty sure I didn't get all the niggles/aches and pains I do today, I certainly had no grey hair 🤣
Cheers all,
Nick
You have hair?
: )

Latest posts

Back