• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn JESSEM ROUTER TABLE FENCE MAST-R-FENCE ll, BRAND NEW AND BOXED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooeee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Jessem Mast-R-fence ll, that will fit various router table tops, it has never been used and has only been opened to check contents and take photos.

It is designed to fit table tops 13mm to 38mm thick, and ranging from 600mm to 810mm wide, made to complement the pre drilled phenolic Jessem Mast-R-Top.

Instruction booklet and warranty card, dust port, and everything needed to have a top class router table fence.

I prefer cash on collection from Knebworth. £275

Attachments

• Jessem_1.jpg
    Jessem_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_2.jpg
    Jessem_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_3.jpg
    Jessem_3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_5.jpg
    Jessem_5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_7.jpg
    Jessem_7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_8.jpg
    Jessem_8.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_9.jpg
    Jessem_9.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_11.jpg
    Jessem_11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_13.jpg
    Jessem_13.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Jessem_14.jpg
    Jessem_14.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Withdrawn.
if the moderator can adjust title, as I have no edit button on first post to change it myself.
thanks

That is like comparing chalk and cheese, they are in different leagues and the same applies to the Jessem/Incra lifts when compared to the UJK offering with that horrible chain arrangement. For me though I do like the Incra positioner and Jessem TA fence but that is another ongoing project.

That is like comparing chalk and cheese, they are in different leagues and the same applies to the Jessem/Incra lifts when compared to the UJK offering with that horrible chain arrangement. For me though I do like the Incra positioner and Jessem TA fence but that is another ongoing project.
I agree with you about the UJK lift but I have the UJK fence with micro adjust fitted to a UJK laminate top with UJK 10mm insert running a Triton TR1 router and is excellent and would recommend it as an alternative.it’s a shame that a good quality fence is not a requirement or affordable for some people.

Last edited:
Your tools are so expensive there. I can buy the jessem master fence for £187 in Canada Brand new.

Attachments

• 660680F4-BE62-4422-8621-CE335997B3CB.png
    660680F4-BE62-4422-8621-CE335997B3CB.png
    711.9 KB · Views: 0
So minus off local Canada sales tax as item is for export. UK Import duty would probably be 2.5 pct or less as there is no machine, but depends on applicable HS code (Customs harmonisation code) which I cannot find at the moment..but probably looked on as a miscellaneous item, and vat at usual rate after personal allowance deducted and then add shipping costs.

I agree with you about the UJK lift but I have the UJK fence with micro adjust fitted to a UJK laminate top with UJK 10mm insert running a Triton TR1 router and is excellent and would recommend it as an alternative.it’s a shame that a good quality fence is not a requirement or affordable for some people.
Same set up as mine, except I have a Kreg insert in a slab of kitchen worktop. Excellent piece of kit for me.

Going to have to disagree with that statement, the UJK router lift four post lift is going to be superior to anything else, (fundamental engineering) the problem that most experience is not enclosing the router and lift in a extract box and leaving the shavings to fall all over the place mostly onto the chain, had mine for well over ten years without any problems. Having never seen the Jessem fence I can't compare, but the UJK fence is of ver good quality and looks exactly the same in its defence. (pun not intended)

I withdrew the fence as I sold it elsewhere, I too have the first JessEm fence and was purchased in the US from Rockler and carried home with the luggage, it is in the Rockler blue colour, made by JessEm though, and what a fantastic fence now some 20 years old, I only purchased this JessEm fence as it had the new flat top fence allowing more fixtures to be used on it as my original fence has a tilted ruler on the alloy fence which only allows certain stops and guides to be used, I personally didn't like the newer model made somewhat cheaper than the original so decided to sell it, what a slog trying to get people to part with their money, I had people offer to take it off my hands and would offer £150, for it, or I can collect tonight and give you £180 for it, it was brand new and never used only taken out of box for photo's, the now even newer Mk3 JessEm fence is even more cheaply made, just seems to be a thing now, Even JessEm have had to stop saying proudly made in Canada.

Attachments

• IMG20240112161355.JPG
    IMG20240112161355.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240112161411.JPG
    IMG20240112161411.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
@Mooeee the JessEm MKII fence you sold was made in China, it was very good-sold hundreds over the years with very few issues, JessEm had a few products produced in Asia after the 2008 crash to meet customers budgets.

The new JessEm fences including the MKIII are made by JessEm in Canada, again influenced by politics, economics and their desire to make in Canada again.

Trump introduced a 25% import tax on products produced in China/Asia, this has tipped the scales back into manufacturing in North America but increased prices when the world in feeling the economic pinch.

The UJK fence is a lighter weight/section of the JessEm MKII, I visited the factory in Asia on a sourcing trip and the manager was very open about how he copied the JessEm fence (with lower tolerances) along with the JessEm old style lift. The factory manager seemed quite surprised when I didn't share my product designs with him, I knew by the time my plane had landed back in the UK my designs would be being touted around under his name.....

Cheers

Peter

Latest posts

Back