I've got to uprate my dust ex!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorden

Established Member
Reaction score
After a lot of complaints from SWMBO about tracking sawdust into the house and about the air quality in the workshop when I'm sanding I've come to the conclusion that I have little choice but to uprate my dust extraction.

With this in mind Sarah and I took a trip down to a little Cotswolds village yesterday and picked up a Charnwood 2hp extractor which I'd won on EBay from a really nice chap called Mathew who it transpires often watches these forums. We had a look around his shop and got to play with his Japanese handsaws followed by a good natter about woodworking - a nice visit :)

On the way back we noticed Broughton Castle at Banbury (or house depending which sign you read) was open and went for a look round. We both enjoyed our visit but were particularly impressed by the modern furniture specimens including a spectacular cantilever bed made by a local craftsman. Sadly I forgot to take a note of his name.

When we got home it was time to try out the dustex. When it started the cat went and hid in the garden! I held a towel in the air stream above the upward facing outlet and watching it pinned to the ceiling Sarah and I turned to each other and said "That will do" :lol:

Sigh now I have to beef up the electrics and silencing cabinet to get the thing installed....

Dennis

Back