It had to be American didn't it !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What worries me is he has said that he has sold 30 ,they could be all sold before he get's me order. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Cowboy _Builder":vqgfehxe said:
I'd have no problem using it if I had to turn a small spindle or the like ,you just have to respect the tool and your own limitations .

Ditto, the limitations don't necessarily mean unsafe or useless if used carefully.

Limitations indeed. My pillar drill wouldn't have the torque for something like this. :oops:
A friend of mine built a drill powered lathe, then "upgraded" it to run on an old twin-tub washing machine motor.

Thankfully, he now has a manufactured lathe. He used to scare the life out of me with his Heath Robertson contraption.

I used an Axminster drill powered lathe for 2yrs attached to drills,which proceded to burn out,then I attached a 1/3 of a HP industrial motor to it and used it for a further 5yrs,it kept me happy all that time,except the 20mins changing pullies to change the speed,made lots of small stuff on it,regards,

Eric.

PS the pillar drill lathe attachement looks a bit sindley to me,especialy if you have a dig in,at least with the Axminster lathe you have a proper toolrest.

Back