It arrived today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":3cw3osd6 said:
LOL....I have a sister in Paris. I understand Merde only too well :).

It sounds like the mechanism that supports the front sprocket has too much play in it. I have to say Larry, the notion of a chain regularly leaving the bar would trigger the bin it for me. Just the idea of all those teeth flying off at high speed is not a risk I would be trusting on safety clothing to entirely mitigate.

Is why I bought another saw from Ikra and have paid someone £70 to do some chain sawing for me. also been using petrol saw indoors rather than use the Botche.

phil.p":3nm19xmj said:
I must admit I was thinking of the chain coming off the bar not the sprocket - I don't suppose it's going to cause much damage coming off the sprocket.

nope, it runs off the bar, usually to the left.

Does sound as if the Bosch and Poulan have serious design or build quality flaws. Granted coming off the drive pinion is just annoying and not basically safety critical, coming off the sprocket potentially could be very serious. IMHO, they are just not fit for purpose and the OP is right to challenge Bosch about it.
Chainsaws are dangerous enough when they work properly............

Had a good afternoon. Cut a few bowl blanks and some boards in a mix of acacia, oak and walnut to add to the yew that was done at the weekend.

Walnut boards, bit soft here and there.

P1020178.JPG

Oak blanks and boards

P1020179.JPG

Acacia blanks and boards, bit pale coloured, but maybe will darken with age.

P1020180.JPG

Couple of Oak blanks in front of a pair of bigger walnut blanks.

P1020181.JPG

should make a few shavings :) done with the Ikra and my little chinese petrol saw.

Attachments

• P1020178.JPG
    P1020178.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 491
  • P1020179.JPG
    P1020179.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 491
  • P1020180.JPG
    P1020180.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 491
  • P1020181.JPG
    P1020181.JPG