It’s Amazing we are all still alive!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOOGYREV

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s Amazing we are all still alive, considering all the everyday things that can kill you

If you eat 7 bananas in one go it can kill you!

If you drink 10 litres of water in 8 hours you can die!

If you eat raw potatoes you can go into a coma or die!
Death normally comes after a period of weakness and confusion, followed by a coma.

Bitter almonds are full of cyanide, which kills!
Unlike MDF, it actually is illegal to sell Raw Almonds in the USA!

When the seeds of cherries are crushed, chewed, or even slightly injured, they produce prussic acid (hydrogen cyanide) which can kill!

Apples also contain Cyanide and if you eat too many you can Die!

Rhubarb, in addition to an unknown poison in its leaves, also contain a corrosive acid. If you mix the leaves with water and soda, it becomes even more potent.

The castor bean, which is used to make Castor Oil, is so deadly, that it takes just one bean to kill a human, and four to kill a horse

Just goes to show you ‘everything in moderation’ really does work

Hi,

Collection of half truths I'm afraid.

Castor bean from Wikipedia

The toxicity of raw castor beans due to the presence of ricin is well-known. Although the lethal dose in adults is considered to be 4 to 8 seeds, reports of actual poisoning are relatively rare

Apple seeds from Stopes

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/apples.asp

The rest probbaly are false as well.

Pete

Pvt_Ryan":1uh859ff said:
I happily eat whole tubs of cherries in one go and swallow the pips, so i doubt they are deadly otherwise I'd be dead a long time ago

Well just in case PR
Toodle-pip!

John :D

PS I ate loadsa raw spuds when I was a kid. I have been alive and kicking so far... (72)!

Remind me not to stand behind you Pvt_Ryan :shock:

Pete

Back