Is there any person in the world more annoying than...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradNaylor

Established Member
Reaction score
...Dale Winton?

He's been doing the afternoon slot on Radio 2 all week and he is completely impossible to listen to without wanting to throw something heavy at the radio.

Why is he employed in any capacity whatsoever?

He gives Steve Wright the gravitas and persona of a David Attenborough or an Alistair Cooke...

It's been a Radio 4 week for us.

I switched R2 on the other day and he DW was on doing some god awful call in where the caller chooses the record - I found his style difficult to listen to (not to mention the records!), and he kept on wittering on about how he couldn't add up.

10 mins later and it was back to some rubbish on R4 called "The Archers" :lol:

Cheers

Karl

After chris Evans that's radio 2 finished for me till 7. I find all the daytime DJs annoying.

Have to say it's close thing whether dale is more annoying than steve wright!!!

I'm starting to see a pattern here. In a bid to completely drive away their audience and so be in a position to close down the entire radio network, the BBC has clearly embarked on a campaign to alienate the listener!

Radio 3 has a vociferous campaign against the dumbing down that is taking place. Listeners requests, my favourite moment text-ins, it's getting more and more like CrudFM every day!

Whenever Dale Winton, Ken Bruce, Jonathan Ross or Radcliffe & Maconie come on I quickly switch to Jazz FM.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

hehe what a coincidence. R2 would never normally pollute my ears, but standing in the Oryx Workshops yesterday, Simon's colleague was ranting about Dale who was on the radio. Must agree. The voice gets you first and then the campness makes you want to chuck something at the radio. My missus gets to deal with him and his little circle of friends (Babs Windsor, Cilla, etc, etc) often, being the manager of a certain nightclub. :roll:

Yes, there is someone more annoying than Dale Winton...

...someone who starts a thread about Dale Winton!

I couldn't hit the back button fast enough when I got as far as his name in your first post. But then felt compelled to come back and post. What are you thinking of man - why perpetuate your dislike and inflict it on others?!

Unbelievable!

Not a fan of DW as his voice is too annoying, not good for a DJ, though to be fair I find Steve Wright incredibly smug and annoying. He's essentially doing the same show he did back on Radio 1 years ago and I couldn't stand that either.

Chris Evans and Simon Mayo are good, I'll listen to Radcliffe and Maconie if the radio is on then, other than that it's Planet Rock and 5 live, was torn between Rick Wakeman and Fighting Talk this morning

This is the beauty of radio - if you don't like a presenter, you can easily and quickly find an alternative radio show. I'm sure there are many people who like Dale Winton. Personally, he's a bit too camp and lightweight for me, but then it's pretty harmless stuff, so if it bugs you so - just switch over - if you haven't already, I'd suggest a DAB, my reception and choice of stations is much improved since I got it.

Hitch":3plbvvkw said:
You should have tuned in to Radio1 this week, no Chris Moyles 8)

Now THAT is the most annoying person on the radio for me! I would love to hang his ample size upside down by his wedding tackle! :twisted:

I dont know why anyone listens to the BBC radio stations. They always have such a strange line up of DJs.

flanajb":rn44j0y5 said:
I actually like Dale Winton on the radio

I guess someone has to. The BBC haven't been in business for as long as they have to get it totally wrong. :lol:

Hitch":56ea5cjv said:
You should have tuned in to Radio1 this week, no Chris Moyles 8)

Yeah but who was the replacement, Scott Mills!!

Kerrist that bloke is annoying. And before you ask, I was station hopping from Chris Evans when he was playing Paolo Nuttini songs - if I had a gun Nuttini would drive me to shoot my own radio

Ironballs said- if I had a gun Nuttini would drive me to shoot my own radio
why stop at the radio, we could raise a hunting party and shoot him, he makes Rab. C. Nesbitt sound in tune

Latest posts

Back