Is it nice and can I have it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
These were the first words uttered by my daughter Megs when I told her last week that the Teak Casket had been finished, so here's a few pics of the finished project, which will also be the subject of a forthcoming article in my favourite mag:

03454k4-1.jpg

llsf-1.jpg

34350ggd7-1.jpg

22s11retpepvb-1.jpg

55s11v-1.jpg

11fgw3r-1.jpg

52w2e1-1.jpg

Hope you like the finished casket, which will be my entry for the making part of the Comp - Rob

Rob,

Superb work there, well done. =D>

I hope you have held on to it, for the time being anyway, there are a few of us would like to see it before you give it away. :whistle:

Good pictures, wood has finished lovely, always a worry for me, will it look good once the black art of finishing has been applied. :?

Looks even better now it's had the finish applied Rob.

Great design and first class craftmanship, love it =D> =D> =D>

Cheers, Paul. :D

Gorgeous Rob. I absolutely love it. It's such a shame that secret mitred dovetails are... well... secret.

Very nice - the handle ,and gentle curve of the sides,make it look a very elegant piece :D

Andrew

Really really nice elegant piece of work, Its a genuine shame to never know about the joints. The only thing i would say is i could do with something to scale the piece
Owen

Love the handle detail - that has come out a treat. Lovely craftmanship, pushing the envelope for all us amateurs!

Well done rob. What are you going to put inside it?

Rob

Very nice indeed - the finish really sets it off. What's your daughter going to use it for? :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Tim

I was in the very fortunate position to visit Rob two or three times during the making of his casket and I even saw the secret mitre dovetails before they disappeared from view for ever. The casket is every bit as good as it looks in the pictures. What the pictures can't, unfortunately, show is the beautiful, tactile quality of the piece. It really is a joy to pick it up and to open the lid - the carving of the handle is so perfect.

It's a fabulous piece, Rob and thank you for inspiring us to one day, hopefully, make equally beautiful pieces =D> =D> =D>

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I love it! Simple, tactile lines. A really elegant piece.

Back