Is it my PC or is it Firefox?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mseries":2abhh9qv said:
Use Linux (it's freee) or Apple Macs (not free) and avoid all that extra work.

I tried Linux a few months ago. It wouldn't install on my PC. I don't know why. It just would not install.

I'll try again., but I don't hold out much hope.

:mrgreen:

Benchwayze":2coy5fks said:
mseries":2coy5fks said:
Use Linux (it's freee) or Apple Macs (not free) and avoid all that extra work.

I tried Linux a few months ago. It wouldn't install on my PC. I don't know why. It just would not install.

I'll try again., but I don't hold out much hope.

:mrgreen:

fair enough. I am using Mint 13 on my laptop. Mint 17 won't work - doesn't tell me why not

I have ubontu working on the PC, but I seem to have lost all my bookmarks, passwords, and the interface isn't particularly intuitive. I wonder how long before I get used to it. There doesn't seem to be any anti virus and malwarbytes anymore. And I seem to have lost a load of stuff I was working on, on the desktop. Aprt from that it looks pretty neat! :lol:

Arrghh. You should have outlined your intention and I would have advised on best way of doing it including backing up first !

You won't need anti virus nor malware bytes on Linux. As for the unintuitive interface, other versions of Linux behave differently, it's one reason I prefer Mint over Ubuntu - the interface is easier especially on an old machine which isn't very powerful.

Mint 17 user here,haven't used windows since XP.It got too bloated and needed more resources to perform at the same level with subsequent versions.

wizard":2v6fxm4x said:
now you are using Google chrome you should be able to search the internet using voice commands

I had a program called Dragon-speak (or something like that.) It was okay, but I couldn't get it to understand my slight Brummie accent. It was fine for opening programs, but when I wanted to dictate two or three thousand words wedges of text, it was hopeless!

So I have to type nowadays! :mrgreen:

John

Latest posts

Back