Is it a record for Record

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I phoned Record about a new switch for my CL4 lathe inverter.The person I spoke to was not sure so stated that my query would be passed to another more knowledgeable person. I have heard no more.

I sent them an email re: the switch , and on the same day they replied by an automated form that they would deal with my question, usually within 24 hours. (Dated Jan 26 )
I am still waiting, is this normal for Record???
Timber

This is about typical in my experience. I have had small problems with two small machines, where parts were defective and needed to be replaced. It took some persistence but since I got in touch with an real person there, things moved quickly and satisfactorily. Find out who you are dealing with, get their direct extension and call them regularly. I found them helpful in the end.

I have used them on numerous occasions and always found them to be excellent. Both in their response time and resolving my problems.

AJB Temple":1jffztee said:
This is about typical in my experience. I have had small problems with two small machines, where parts were defective and needed to be replaced. It took some persistence but since I got in touch with an real person there, things moved quickly and satisfactorily. Find out who you are dealing with, get their direct extension and call them regularly. I found them helpful in the end.
AJB

Not too bothered, My lecky friend will get me one. How did the wood turning course go? I have the Record lathe very strange that one has to remove the belt cover , insert a spanner through the opening to hold the spindle from turning To remove chuck etc ____WHAT A FAFF.
I have sent away for some small magnets so that I can prop the wood turning chisels up for Pictures.
Still have not looked at all of them yet, or even tried the Tormek sharpening stuff.
Bought a nice Dewalt RAS the other day Excellent bit of kit. I have had two or three of the Dewalt RAS Saws before. This is a good- un
Did you get a digger,? if you did I have a Kubota Operators Manual here if you want it
Regards
Timber

Back