Interesting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool stuff, although the one with the chickens was vile. Reminds me why I stopped eating meat.

Thanks for posting Owl.

That forestry machine just after the start of the clip is surely an impressive machine. There was a similar one working in the woods near us a while back and I had the chance to watch it in action from (fairly!) close up. It's powered by a fair-size diesel engine but all the various actions are hydraulic, with the engine driving a "girt big" hydraulic pump. It's also a "double-ended" vehicle with a single "girt big" multi-axis pivot in the middle, a bit like some of those big earth moving machines. Very impressive at work, quick, and highly manoeuvrable on the rough ground and in the confined spaces of the woods. It takes less than 2 mins from first approaching a biggish tree until the stripped and cut log is lying on the ground.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the time.

Wonder what such a machine costs? And who makes them?

And I was also thinking what a great model engineering project it would be for someone (with MUCH more skill than I have)!

Krgds
AES

Woodmonkey":18cboot9 said:
Cool stuff, although the one with the chickens was vile. Reminds me why I stopped eating meat.

Couldn't agree more WM

AES":18cboot9 said:
Thanks for posting Owl.

Wonder what such a machine costs? And who makes them?

Krgds
AES

Thinking of buying one AES ? :D

QUOTE:
UNQUOTE:

:lol: :lol:

No Owl, not at all :lol: simply "idle speculation". Can't be cheap but a helluva machine though (and I also agree about the baby chicks machine - BTW, I'm not sure if it was on your TV news, but about a week ago here there was a short piece about a new lab test (by a Uni here I think) to check whether newly hatched eggs are M or F, thereby saving the "destroying" live M chicks which are apparently "uneconomic").

Krgds
AES

AES":3f1rw8fw said:
QUOTE:
UNQUOTE:

:lol: :lol:

No Owl, not at all :lol: simply "idle speculation". Can't be cheap but a helluva machine though (and I also agree about the baby chicks machine - BTW, I'm not sure if it was on your TV news, but about a week ago here there was a short piece about a new lab test (by a Uni here I think) to check whether newly hatched eggs are M or F, thereby saving the "destroying" live M chicks which are apparently "uneconomic").

Krgds
AES

Every time I eat an omelette I think about the male chicks that have been tossed in a blender. It's good news if a way to sex unhatched eggs has been discovered.

At least then I won't feel guilty.

Back