Interesting pieces of furniture-5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No expert but i think the bird is a bit too dominant and its eye is freaking me out a little bit. Love the grain acoss the width though
Owen

A striking item for sure, no blending quietly into most (any?) backgrounds for this! Still, as a student piece I suppose that's the modern equivalent of an apprentice piece? Perhaps we should view it in that light?

All technique, with design running a long way second. Pity there's no interior shots. Could it be just a shell?, at least in terms of finish? No sense of scale with it either.

Couldn't live with it, no temptation to try to make one like it, no gasp of 'wow', so that's a 'nul point' vote from this viewer.

Keep up the work. Small or large market. Who cares??? If you're not starving and happy to create your kind of work.Keep moving towards your ultimate goal in your craft. It isn't your best piece I'm bold enough to say. That's because it's nearing around the corner.Sooner or later, you'll hit a piece that all will adore. My piece isn't the best I've done either.
I like your piece because it has a refined folk art-craft energy about it. Can I live with it? Sure. Even with your funny duck (goose). I also enjoy your cabinet as a structure and proportion. Keep it up and keep moving along.

Best,

Zivko

Sorry. It's not a duck or goose. I forgot the name of this species. I see them wading in our rivers and marshes her in USA. I like it. Keep it up.

Best,

Zivko

Not that I know much about furniture but for me too it doesn't hit the spot. It's very retro - even without the marquetry that shape and the fairly plane finish on the legs and such give it an early 20th century feel. I think you'd have to find a real bohemian to have any chance of selling this. Having said all that, given the technique involved, I think I'd still be pretty chuffed if I was the student that made this.

Back