Information Regarding Axminster Router Table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deen

Reaction score
Hi to everyone my question is, I'm looking to purchase a bench top router as I have no other space in my small workshop to fit a fully stand router so had to go for the bench style instead.
So I was looking & came across this Axminster Workshop Bench top Cabinet Style Router Table & normally RRP is £250 & have seen one for £100 not used much & to be honest looking at the pictures sent to me it looks like it was well looked after. So before I pay just wanted to know if there is anyone out there with the same style Cabinet router table & if it's worth the purchase?

Many Thanks...

Hi Deen,

Any chance you could just install a router plate into any existing workbench top you already have in your workshop. It just needs to be flat and thick enough (or well enough supported) to avoid sagging with the weight of the router installed. You can build a simple bespoke fence or just clamp a straight piece of wood. Really doesn’t need to be anything complicated. Once the fence is removed all that remains is the plate which shouldn’t interfere too much with other operations. Even the plate could be removed when not in use and you could fabricate a wooden plate to drop in to fill the space if it bothers you.

Maybe this isn’t possible for you with your existing set up. But it would be my preference over buying a benchtop “router table”, which only have a small capacity. If you can install directly into an existing workbench then you will likely have a lot more scope to work with larger stock, better supported, more stable, etc.

Bit of an old thread but thought I would add that if you do this as I did in my old table then i would put some t-slot in the table for the router fence and also put a router in there permanently if u can. I used it for one project, took the router out and never put it back as it was too much faff, just my experience though.

Latest posts

Back