Industrial Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the second attempt at decorating with the airbrush and having brought my new one which is a better quality I needed something to have a good go at.

Anyway this is my attempt at Industrial piece do you think I should follow through with this theme.

The bowl I believe is Maple of Sycamore, sealed with sander sealer before airbrushing the Pattern and finally a couple of coats of Acrylic Satin Lacquer

DSCF8935 (800x591).jpg

DSCF8937 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8935 (800x591).jpg
    DSCF8935 (800x591).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 773
  • DSCF8937 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8937 (800x600).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 773
Wheely looks as though you are getting to grips with and motoring along with the new Gear. Subtle symmetry and not too much in your face.

That's a cracker ! I like the shading on the rivet heads. Very nice

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks great. Did you think about attaching metal in that way, rather than painting?

edit: if not, I'm going to steal the idea. :wink:

Great job ... looks like you're getting to grips with that HS airbrush quickly

The rivets look great but i think you would benefit from less contrast in the metal plate edges. Make the line of the plate edge sharp but make the shadow leading to it subtler.

Thank you all this certainly is a learning curve.

CHJ":21jeub5q said:
Wheely looks as though you are getting to grips with and motoring along with the new Gear. Subtle symmetry and not too much in your face.

It took me 12 drawings of the rim to get what to me worked as you said it is easy to over crowd this with either to many joins or even rivets

Brandlin":21jeub5q said:
Great job ... looks like you're getting to grips with that HS airbrush quickly

The rivets look great but i think you would benefit from less contrast in the metal plate edges. Make the line of the plate edge sharp but make the shadow leading to it subtler.

Still learning I was going to have the rivets look as though they where sunk into the plate but got to this stage and did not want to mess it up. Still I am enjoying learning with the airbrush

Chris152":21jeub5q said:
Looks great. Did you think about attaching metal in that way, rather than painting?

edit: if not, I'm going to steal the idea. :wink:

I always knew I was going to paint this on but it did cross my mind a couple of times while I was working on it

Really nice job. Did you apply the satin lacquer through the airbrush? I’ve often thought about doing this, but when I’ve tried it always seemed to require thining beyond what seemed reasonable to do. Perhaps I haven’t got enough welly from my small airbrush compressor.

Honest John":1uoiiydn said:
Really nice job. Did you apply the satin lacquer through the airbrush? I’ve often thought about doing this, but when I’ve tried it always seemed to require thining beyond what seemed reasonable to do. Perhaps I haven’t got enough welly from my small airbrush compressor.

Thank you John. No I used chestnuts spray can lacquer I don't think that I would try using the airbrush to apply a finish

Honest John":b4fwsenm said:

My 'other' hobby is painting model soldiers and the associated tanks and terrain. The mantra in that hobby is "Always thin your paint". Typical brush applied paint should be the consistency of skimmed milk, with airbrush paint a little thinner. Many thin coats are always preferrable to one or two thick ones. Most beginners say "this looks too thin" and are then told to "thin it some more".

I often apply a lacquer finish with the airbrush - far more control than a rattle can. depends on the size of the thing you are spraying. I wouldnt do a dining table that way... but trinket boxes and other things i prefer to spray

Back