Incra table saw system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Duparcq, I have the Incra TS-LS super system mine is fitted to an Axminster AW10BSB2

Would you mind posting details

I originally thought that the Axminster AW10BSB2 together with the incra TS combo 2 (combines the router table on the right side) would work well but could not get any first hand info.

any details of your set up and the Axminster / Incra parts you used would be very useful

Also, what do you use for crosscutting

Regards

Brian

Have you seen the recent thread on adding the incra to a hammer saw? May be slightly different but it also includes a router table extension, or will when finished.

That thread be mine....

hammer-k3-alloy-mft-incra-build-t77326.html

Part of the reason that started the whole build was that the TS-LS system is not compatible with table saws with a long table (i.e. most European saws). I had to modify the system and the saw somewhat which quickly turned into a large scale bench.

Also it was always my intention to use a router insert to take full benefit of the initial cost of the Incra system.

I did consider another table saw and even looked at the Axi saws including the 10" version mentioned above, but the Hammer was too good a deal to turn down.

Be aware that the Incra TS is BIG, it really widens the effective footprint of your table saw. Admittedly if your installing a router insert this does justify the real estate but do make sure you have the room to install and allow for the movement of the positioner to the right of the machine. You can only use the 25 and above sized positioners, you can't use the 17 unit.

The TS-LS kit comes with everything you will need to install. It is a well thought out package and as long as you match a saw table with the suggested size range, you should be good. Its a quality system and well worth the investment.

Peter Sefton (http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk) sells Incra and my last purchase was with them. I can recommend, easily the best distributor I have dealt with regarding Incra (other distributors available).

Hope this helps.

Hi Duparcq
The Incra I Have is the M-TS COMBO #1-XL with a Mast-R-Lift MKII router lift fitted with a Porter Cable 7518 router (110v), I will try and post some pics tomorrow if you would like. As stated in other posts it does take a fair bit of space 46.4 x 104 inches at max cut. And the best people to speak to are Peter sefton.

I' m glad this thread is starting to generate interest.

I am aware of the space the Incra and it's associated systems / combos take up particularly because of the need to maintain space for the long arm but in truth when you start to plan or replan your workshop I don't think they take up that much more floor area than an individual table saw and / or router.

I have a triton work center and Router table which frustrate me. I recently moved them into one area and having made the decision to upgrade positioned them side by side. They eat up the floor area.

In my case the Incra table saw combo seemed the way to go but nothing is straight forward as the American table saw market is very different to the UK. Indeed the incra literature featur a saw that is not available here in Europe.

incra may not suite everybody but it does suite me particularly for its quality and precision

I would welcome as much info / photos etc of people's setup and build

Brian

e

i was thinking of getting the AW10BSB2 and was wondering if anyone knew if the incra mitre gauges fit in the slot? want to get the saw, incra 1000hd and ls super system, just want to make sure the saw is compatible first lol,

thanks guys

warrenr6":1jzqi4yd said:
i was thinking of getting the AW10BSB2 and was wondering if anyone knew if the incra mitre gauges fit in the slot? want to get the saw, incra 1000hd and ls super system, just want to make sure the saw is compatible first lol,

thanks guys

Hi Warren
I have the 3000se and that fits the AW10BSB2. Not sure what the LS super system is but if its the fence system for the table saw you will need the XL version.

Hi,

I've just fitted the Incra LS32TSM system to a Wadkin AGS 10". Still early days, but so far very happy with the set-up.

Thanks,
Eddie

Back