Incra router system and Festool router question.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eezi Duzzit

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post.

I was looking at the Incra LS Super System on their website. I have a Festool 1400 router. My space is limited at home so I need a router table that can (a) fold up when not in use, (b) can accomodate the LS Super System, (c) lets me use my Festool 1400 router.

Where I'm getting stuck on is the table malarky. Incra make some table inserts for Dewalt and others but I can't see a listing for the Festool.

Can anyone give me some advice about my options? The LS system looks like a comprehensive piece of kit. The router is spot-on. It's the table option I'd like some help on. Are there any local stockists (London area). From what I see only Rutlands are listed as a dealer and they're just an online site so they have no scratch and sniff. TIA.

clewlowm":1hbhlia9 said:
hi, can't you just get festools router table?

I can, but they are mega-expensive. The Incra setup seems to do much more for less cost.

I'm really not sure what it is you want? A ready made collapsible router table? Or just an insert plate to make your own? Incra do a plate which can be drilled to fit your Festool Router. I strongly suggest you call Roger Phebey at Woodworkers Workshop who also deals in the incra kit and is the polar opposite from Rutlands in terms of customer service (i.e he's ok).

Wizer, that's about the short of it. I don't have space where I could leave a rigid table ready for use so a collapsible table is the right idea. Something where I could leave the plate in situ and then bolt the router onto it when I need to use it. Thanks for the heads-up on Roger Phebey. I'll look for his number and get his advice on it all. Thanks.

I'm prety certain an off the shelf system is not available to your requirements. You'll have to make it yourself. Do-able tho.

Make sure you're sitting comfortably when you call Rodger ;)

Thanks wizer. I think I found his email address and I've referred my questions to him for advice.

Just to inject a bit of pragmatism. I've got the Incra large brother and to be honest I've never ever used any of the 'features' and am thinking about a much simpler fence.

Back