I'm not sure what the statement is ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This STUNNING reversible Solid Oak Chopping/Carving Board is a real statement piece! Handcrafted from Butcher Block Solid Oak, this is a really versatile piece that will fit well in any Kitchen. On one side you have a beautifully finished edge detail, on the other side you have deep grooves to catch and pour any meat juices.

1695965616215.png

What's "stunning" is the fact that it's as rough as a Badger's A r s e,......There are visible burn marks, dreadful inaccurate routing.....Who in their right mind would buy that...?

While it's a nice design, I think maybe Oak is not the best for a chopping board that's going to get meat juices all over it - the open grain structure is going to make it difficult to keep clean. Beech, Sycamore or Hornbeam would be better (in my opinion...).

Surely such craftmanship requires you to post a link to the original product listing.

Then we might all contact the Maker (they will always describe themselves as a 'maker') and ask about the burn marks and the sub-groove within the groove, with particular stress on their organic and artisanal qualities.

Does anyone recall Harry Enfield's 'I saw you coming' shop?

Surely such craftmanship requires you to post a link to the original product listing.

Then we might all contact the Maker (they will always describe themselves as a 'maker') and ask about the burn marks and the sub-groove within the groove, with particular stress on their organic and artisanal qualities.

Does anyone recall Harry Enfield's 'I saw you coming' shop?
For anyone who's not seen it -

Phew I thought it was one of mine for a second! Just having my breakfast off something very similar.
I've made a few from sycamore offcuts but I wouldn't make any great claims for them - except they are practical about A4 size - one slice of toast/cake/sandwich and a cup of tea. Half plate, half tray, with a drip groove!
I've given them to family members but they make rude jokes along the lines of "he says he makes things but all he gives us is pieces of wood" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back