I'm looking for a thicknesser...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title really.
Just got a planer so now I'm looking for a portable thicknesser.
Anyone got any advice or suggestions?
I would prefer second hand (due to budgetary restraints), but could save up for new if I HAD to!
Thanks.
Adam

DeWalt dw733 is the common recommendation

There was a guy in Dorset recently (stuartpaul, I think?) selling an Axminster thicknesser, which may still be available?

Hi,

I have had an Axminster thicknesses for a number of years now. I think the date of manufacture was 1999
in all this time it has always done a great job no matter what I have feed into it.
it is a little noisy but I expect they all are.
my only tip no matter what you buy is spend a little time in setting it up as accurately as possible.

Ahem...I still have the Delta thicknesser for sale...which, until they stopped making it, was the thicknesser of choice. Complete with stand, set of spare blades and a spare belt.

I have a dewalt 733 I am considering selling. It has had very little use and is as new. It would have to be collected from Leeds . Anybody interested let me know

jlawrence":hoxcgq31 said:
Roger, how much are you after for the Delta ?

Riley, there's a DW733 on fleabay at the moment.

I was looking for £250 and that includes the stand, spare set of new blade and a spare belt. I'll also throw in a vertical digital measuring scale that's fixed to it.

Roger

so, which is better....
Delta or Dewalt?

There's only one way to find out...

How much are you askin for the Dewalt?
BUT, I would need to have it couriered down to sunny Devon, would that be poss?

stuartpaul":21dfrf1c said:
My Axminster is still for sale as well. Mainly beacuse I'm a lazy git and haven't got round to putting it on ebay yet!!

See: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=35502

Is the perform planer still available too ? If so i might be up for that (depending where in dorset you are)- I dont need a thicknesser as i can borrow the work 733

hi stuartpaul
i would be interested in your axminster thicknesser. i live in teignmouth, perhaps we could meet halfway and i could purchase said item? how much do you want for it? how old is it?
cheers!

Back