Identify Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richgrant

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could identify this planer thicknesser? My father in law recently past away and we have the unfortunate job of emptying his house. He enjoyed his woodworking and had many tools.

Just wondering if this planer is worth anything or it's scrap? If it's worth more that scrap I might stick it on eBay or a forum like this under the selling group.

Any information would be greatly received, I have attached some photos

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• IMAG0888.jpg
    IMAG0888.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0890.jpg
    IMAG0890.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0891.jpg
    IMAG0891.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 174
Welcome and sorry to hear your circumstances.

Pretty helpful bunch here so we should be able to assist in any way you need 8)

As for your planer I am not 100% sure but it may be a Myford or Multico looking at the logo on the folding guard.

Cheers
Andy

Sorry cannot identify the machine but in case you are not aware of it, the control switch itself should fetch £10-£20, and the motor at least £30 depending on its type and power. The logo on the adjustment knob does not look familar to me and I wonder if it might be American?

Could it be an Emco?

Whatever brand there will surely be someone who needs it and will pay you a little more than scrap value. It is a cheapish hobby grade machine and you will not get very much for it but surely more than scrap value.
Please do the right thing and sell it for a decent price to someone who wants it. Secondhand tools are a finite resource that shouldn't be wasted away.

Latest posts

Back