I think this might be a scam!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A4C1DC68-75DB-421E-92D4-3C1BB47EF9AA.jpeg

I've noticed various items, saws, planers, lawnmowers etc all at stupid low prices, and at local(ish) addresses.

So what's the scam?
Money up front and receive nothing?

Maybe its been stolen by idiots, its not uncommon for said idiots to have no clue what they have pinched.

Ollie

It looks unused, and like they say if it’s too good to be true it probably is , you will probably lose your money and give them access to your account- stay well clear .

I received this message earlier today but I’ve already received the parcel several days ago . They will try anything to get your hard earned cash.

Attachments

• CC858765-56EF-4AD0-B198-9E66EB41BACB.jpeg
    CC858765-56EF-4AD0-B198-9E66EB41BACB.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 0
I received this message earlier today but I’ve already received the parcel several days ago . They will try anything to get your hard earned cash.

My guess is that's nothig to do with any parcel you've had from Evri . . . . I get these relating to Evri, UPS, DPD etc .... they're just flying a kite with random messages . . . sadly people do bite.

I've just received a text telling me I am eligible for a discounted energy bill under the Energy Bills Support Scheme!!!!!!!

Yeah right. Don't they ever give up?

My guess is that's nothig to do with any parcel you've had from Evri . . . . I get these relating to Evri, UPS, DPD etc .... they're just flying a kite with random messages . . . sadly people do bite.
Unfortunately if you let your guard down just for a split second you’ve clicked the link and it’s all bad news from there .

I've just received a text telling me I am eligible for a discounted energy bill under the Energy Bills Support Scheme!!!!!!!

Yeah right. Don't they ever give up?

given the environment with energy costs, I'll bet that one will get a lot of elderly. Which makes me wish you could send a very high voltage dart back through the lines to wherever it came from

What Ive heard about these planers,tablesaws, and multi sets(cordless stuff) is they get so many people( yes,some people do think its true ) to pay the money then shut the site down.

I think the way this works is that once you show interest, the item is somehow not local anymore (selling on behalf of friend in outer Hebrides) or some other reason why pick up isn’t possible but no problem as they will send it by courier once you transfer cash or pay by PayPal Friends and Family, both of which have no refund option.
Needless to say the item doesn’t exist and you’ll never see your money again.

I have had the Evri message as well, it did confuse me for a moment as I had ordered some things for delivery. I also get things saying they are my bank, but these are obviously fake because they are from a bank I don't use.
You just have to hope Karma will get these "people".

Ollie

Stuart, don't totally rely on Norton it let scam through to me if I had not noticed it only takes a click and they have your details.
Keep your eyes open if you don't know who the message is from safer to bin it.

Stuart, don't totally rely on Norton it let scam through to me if I had not noticed it only takes a click and they have your details.
Keep your eyes open if you don't know who the message is from safer to bin it.
Thanks Phil, I'll 'keep 'em peeled' (as the 'man' said). Anything the least suspicious I bin it. Microsoft Edge is being a PITA , keeps trying to get me to "finish setting up" their system rather than the Google I'm happy with. More's the pity one cannot 'get rid of' Edge, only not use it, but it does try to hijack my set up on occasion.

I noticed a similar scam to this a few months ago. Dewalt DW735 for £100 local to me. I then noticed the same item pop up in other cities for the same price. I couldn't decide what their end game was though. I did post a thread on here called" what with this scam?" and had a number of suggestions.

If its too good to be true it normally is. Keep your guard up when shopping on Facebook market place as it seems totally unregulated. Ebay appears to have better controls but you still need to be very careful about handing over cash or any unnecessary information.

Back