Hunduras Rosewood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnimble

Established Member
Reaction score
What finishes would do a real good job on bringing out the grain on some very nice coloured Honduras Rosewood? No requirement for protection from the elements or wet glasses needed.

Also the board has some minute hairline checks no longer than a few mm. what would be e good filling method on this species. I would know a few but I'm unsure on the best method.

tnimble":m36z4t8s said:
What finishes would do a real good job on bringing out the grain on some very nice coloured Honduras Rosewood? No requirement for protection from the elements or wet glasses needed.

Also the board has some minute hairline checks no longer than a few mm. what would be e good filling method on this species. I would know a few but I'm unsure on the best method.
Although you do not need moisture protection I would try just a rub with Tung Oil or a blend oil containing the same on a sample. As far as filling is concerned working the final levels of sanding with oil wet abrasives should take care of them in a natural way.

Shellac is a great finish for rosewood - you can also use it to fill the cracks. Just rub a little sawdust in the cracks and wipe the shellac on.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back