HTC Wildfire Phone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got the wildfire?
I recently got a £10 month contract with tesco which includes the web.
So i am looking to upgrade from a lg viewty
to either a lg gt540 or a wildfire for better browsing.
Has anyone got the 540?

I have it and i am very pleased with it.

In my opinion it's better than my old iphone and I don't say that lightly.

Camera is not bad and the video is OK to. Drag and drop music files is much better than the itunes. The android store for apps is esay to get round. The Sat Nav is as good as our Tom Tom.

No idea what the other phone is but the HTC Wildfire is a good solid phone if you are not interested in paying silly money for a phone.

Pete

I second that. Had the Wildfire for a couple of months now and love it. So many apps and easy to use.

A friend of mine is on an unlocked phone with O2 and his is 2.1. He has contacted O2 and HTC over 2 weeks ago about 2.2 and has yet still not had a reply.

Cheers

Dave.

P.S He is pleased with the phone though :)

I am really tempted by the wildfire. I was all set to get the Desire HD but wondering if I really need all the extra stuff. I am also a bit worried I will get it full of dust and covered in glue.

I have read that people say the screen quality is really bad, what's the views on this?

I have been quite impressed with the screen quality, good enough for what i use it for. I was the same when i was looking for a phone, liked the Desire and all the extras but didnt really need them and decided the wildfire was better suited.

Its a great phone

I have the Desire and you can do more with it than you can with the wildfire because of the resolution of the phone and some of the settings. I talk a lot on skype and can insatll that on the desire but not on the wildfire.

We share apps between us and some of the apps i use they can't on the wildfire so if you are an apps Junkie then the desire is the 1 for you, mine came with 2.2 already installed, but people with the wildfire, at least the 1's i know can not get 2.2 on theirs yet,

Cheers

Dave

Just installed skype on the wildfire,ready to sign in!............
Don't use skype though so left it at that :?

Thats what i mentioned in another post earlier, but he can't install it, it says that the resolution is too low for it to work, so it won't install it. just double checked with him now.

Cheers

Dave

Back