Hows this for a windfall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procell

Established Member
Reaction score
I visited my tame tree surgeon again today to see what had been added to the pile during the recent storm. The first thing he said as I got out of the car was "we chopped down a big yew tree a while ago so there are a few logs you might like" Resisting the urge to go and hire a large van I calmly asked how much he would want for them. His reply was "nothing take what you want"
I began my search of the log pile thinking "Don't be greedy take only what you need". Oh well the best laid plans etc. I have a full people carrier rear compartment of yew and other logs now sitting in my garden and a task to seal all the end grain asap. There is still a huge pile of yew there and he has promised not to put it through the chipper.

Here is a few pics of what I like to think of as my personal log supply
my log pile1.jpg

my log pile 2.jpg

my log pile 3.jpg

my log pile 4.jpg

my log pile 5.jpg

Attachments

• my log pile 2.jpg
    my log pile 2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,037
  • my log pile 3.jpg
    my log pile 3.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,037
  • my log pile 4.jpg
    my log pile 4.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,037
  • my log pile 5.jpg
    my log pile 5.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,037
  • my log pile1.jpg
    my log pile1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,037
I would love to get hold of some yew.. over here it is called "If" seen some small branches but that is all. So far.

Oh for goodness sake, will all you lot stop making me envious! :lol:
That's Christmas all over again.

I worked a piece of yew the other day....just a natural edge plank I sanded up and waxed as per Mrs Spinks instructions...it came out stunning...beautiful grain pattern and colour from heartwood to edge....later found out that yes is slightly toxic so be careful!!

Latest posts

Back