How I store my hand tools - how do you do yours?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's mine......some planes/saws are missing.....

toolchest002lp8.jpg

I've been watching this thread with great interest, as I'd like to build something along the lines of a tool cabinet some day, but when???

I'm only 29, and although I keep telling myself that I have enough planes to carry out most projects, I know that more will be added in due course, and I couln't bare to make a tool cabinet to suit my current tool collection - I'm not a collector, I need these tools!!! (that's just in case the wife reads this :wink: ) - for it to be insufficient for my needs in the not too distant future.

Here is a shot of my tool wall a few months ago, and it's much the same now, except that I've sold my LN chisels, and am starting to put together a set of the new Ashley Iles chisels in their place.

5d5fb932.jpg
:lol: :wink: :lol:

8d668296.jpg

1b5b8563.jpg

I really would like to make a fitted cabinet like Whybob71 and Tony's (and Mr Studley), but I'm just too nervous that I'd outgrow it, how do you guys feel? Does this spell the end to your tool buying?

Cheers

Aled

Here's mine

Well, apart from the set of antique hollows and rounds, all the Philly planes and a few other bits 'n' bobs....

DSC02708-medium.JPG

Hi all

this my tool storage at the mo , I finished the exterior to my shop by mid November 2008 then went in hospital to have major operation to my left heal , so as you can imagine not a lot been done since then till now , but i must take it easy for another nine months grrr.

So I'm just pottering for now , as thing get better hopefully next moth and the month after i got two planers coming so gradually i can start making a bench and then some wall hung tool cabinets for all my tools .

I sets of tools for my joinery, electrical plumbing decorating and mechanical all in different boxes and things its so flustrating not being able to get on and start making them i just have to site and waite. well here gos some pics i hope.hc

my tool chest plus other storage units

Image061.jpg

battery drills

Image060.jpg

files

Image071.jpg

saws

Image070.jpg

variouse

Image069.jpg

left wheely box top plumbing right mechanical

Image066.jpg