How does one thank someone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkshire Sam

Established Member
Reaction score
I have often noticed at the side of the authors details a note saying has been thanked, has thanked.
How does one do it. Normally I just pm someone who has been particularly helpful (and there has been a lot of you ) but how does this detail work? I notice on mine for example that I have been thanked 10 times without realizing it, while at the same time I have never thanked anyone. Miserable b..... (not true)

use the little yellow finger right next to the report box on the right hand side.

If you click your "profile" on the bottom left, then look and see at the bottom
"been thanked" and click to open the list it will show you the post and the poster you've been thanked by - sometimes weeks or months can go by between posting and being thanked.

Our Christmas has been very mixed - my son lost his job literally two days before the holiday (and being in an instant-dismissal state in the USA, "Here's a box: take your stuff." etc.), and my elderly parents are having problems, but...

... I saw your thread title in the list and it made me smile hugely. It was a really good start to the morning, Sam: many, many thanks! :)

E.

PS: re- offspring: the timing sucked, but he'll be OK - lots of support and feeling positive about it, and even out in a suit seeing people last week, apparently.

As sunnybob said the little yellow thumbs up next to the report button, when I first joined I was inadvertently thanking people while using a iPad, as I swept the page down on I'd often catch the thumbs up to thank-someone, if you tap the thumb up again you can remove the thanks if you've done it by mistake

Homers double":3u2wzuvl said:
As sunnybob said the little yellow thumbs up next to the report button, when I first joined I was inadvertently thanking people while using a iPad, as I swept the page down on I'd often catch the thumbs up to thank-someone, if you tap the thumb up again you can remove the thanks if you've done it by mistake
I still do that occasionally !

Back