How do these timber prices compare?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodPecker

Established Member
Reaction score
I came across a supplier in over here, just wondering how the prices compare with the UK:

Timber Price (€uro/cu ft) - excl'g VAT @ 21%
Ash €32.00
Beech €30.00
Birch €31.00
Cherry €45.00
Chestnut (Horse) €28.00
Chestnut (Spanish/Sweet) €40.00
Elm €50.00
Fir €23.00
Larch €22.00
Lime €35.00
Maple €40.00
Oak €40.00
Pine €25.00
Plane €35.00
Sycamore €35.00
Walnut €60.00
The above prices are for kiln-dried timber. For air-dried timber, prices can be reduced by about 20%, depending on
species and thickness. Kiln-dried timber has a moisture of content of 8-12% MC, and air-dried is generally 18-20%

Looks like the Lisnavagh timber project price list to me :wink:

I would say its average price for over here, and the detailed stock list shows that the quantity of stock is quite small, but theres a bit of added-value to consider with their stuff - all locally sourced and mostly from windblown trees so about as enviromentally friendly as you can get. They can even give you a picture of the tree that your boards came from.

I haven't had anything from them yet, but I hope to later in the year. If you try them in the meantime please let me know what you think :)

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes that's them allright, they're a bit far from me, there's another place in Athboy where I got some wood from before, Irish Timber, I think they're called. Where are you by the way?

I'm in East Co. Galway - according to the AA routefinder its 86 miles from me to Lisnavagh, but journey time is 2hr 35min! Must be on the sort of back roads that I'm sure we're both familiar with... :wink: :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Back