Home of Wood Open Day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Perrin

Established Member
Reaction score
Home of Wood are holding an Open Day on the 1st June and should be a good time to stock up on your timber.

Vic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,337
I will be there, That's one day not to miss :) Hope to see you there.

Pat

Vic Perrin":34b7m8a7 said:
Home of Wood are holding an Open Day on the 1st June and should be a good time to stock up on your timber.

Vic

Will you be there Vic ?

I heard today that the 20kg sacks will be on offer for around £45 that's Christmas come early :D :D :ho2 :ho2

Pat

Hi All,
I rang Paul at Home of Wood today with regards to what they have on offer at their Open Day

His reply was basically that they themselves are Woodturners and the idea of the open day was to put on offer timber to fellow Woodturners at a reasonable price.

20 kg bulk buys of blanks will be available for £45 - £50.

2" - 3" - 4" boards will be available at prices that Woodturners can afford.

3/4" & 1" boards will be available at really cheap prices.

Spindles of all sizes will be available.

Vast amount of boards suitable for furniture making or cutting your own blanks.

They also have some very large blanks and some apple blanks that are more than likely the biggest available in the country.

A Big Bargain Bin of Blanks starting at 20p a go.

As I have previously stated I have no connection whatsoever with this company other than being a very very satisfied customer.

My only reason for posting about this company is that like most of you, finding a supplier of quality timber at prices that are not out of the window have been hard to find. I personally have sourced timber from suppliers all over the Country and have in the past paid some stupid prices, but fair enough for some decent timber. At Home of Wood I have found a supplier that supplies quality timber at a fair price but most importantly cares about the service that they provide.

Cheers

Vic

Not long now to get some bargains.

how many of you guys will be popping to Rye on Sunday.. I will be dropping in so I hope I may bump into a few of you . Be good to meet some of you guys :) :)

Pat :D :D

Pat45":1o26w7ku said:

how many of you guys will be popping to Rye on Sunday.. I will be dropping in so I hope I may bump into a few of you . Be good to meet some of you guys :) :)

Hope you have a good day Pat, Don't get spending too much !!!

Vic :oops:

Vic Perrin":2uzaksym said:
Pat45":2uzaksym said:

See You There Vic mate
Regards
Bill

These where posted on home of wood twitter page today .. they are getting ready for Sunday

Pat

Attachments

• wood 5.jpg
    wood 5.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 884
  • wood 6.jpg
    wood 6.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 884
EnErY":c7f7drr5 said:
Vic Perrin":c7f7drr5 said:
Pat45":c7f7drr5 said:

See You There Vic mate
Regards
Bill

Not going to be able to make it I am afraid Bill I would have loved to have come down but unfortunately the Mrs is still poorly so I am still playing housekeeper and Nurse.

Vic

Hi all

I called Paul today and he has confirmed that 20kg will be £45 that's £20 cheaper than getting them delivered. I am getting several sacks :lol: :lol: :D :D

exciting stuff

Sorry you cant make it Vic , hope your wife gets better soon

Pat

160 miles each way, three nights in a fairly posh hotel....... I am going to have to buy a LOT of wood to recoup the price of this weekend :roll: :roll:

:D :D :lol: :lol:

that's A LONG WAY.. Im glad I live closer :lol:

I think I will get there early just in case you clear all the wood :lol: :lol:

Pat

Back