Home Made Router Elevator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone kindly help me on this one,I just came across a short video on you tube, He made a very simple jig ,to convert your Router to a elevator type Router, it seems to work very well, at the cost of a Bolt and Few Nuts. While it is showing you turning the main nut , clock and anti -clockwise, to get your up and down effect, for your height of your router bit,He does not tell you how to do the set up, What little I have picked up ,is, you remove your Stop Depth Gauge,I presume you bore a hole on your Router Base ,in line where your Stop Depth Rod was, Feed your Bolt through your Table ,into your base plate, and some way it is a Fixed Screw Type System ,that elevates up and down ,when you turn your Fixed Head Screw imbedded slightly into your Router table Top. I am not sure how or what type of Bolts and Nuts suits this type of system.Could some provide me with a idea how you would construct this system.

Yours Kindly Paul

I am going to be no help to you on this one but what a great site!

In my head I just burst into a song

Du ron a deet ah doo deet doo deet doo deet,
Du ron a deet ah doo deet Hi Jiroma !

Anyhoo, watched a lot of your vids Jiroma welcome to the UKW - its mental in here sometimes but I'm sure you'll fit in !

Back