Home landline phones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Need a few recommendations for landline phones.

I have been looking at the JACOB JENSEN T6 DECT HOME PHONE but this doesn't have an answer machine. What i do like about this phone is the design, and the base station feature to add handsets. Can you add an answer machine to a phone line even if the phone doesn't have this feature??

So, phone recommendations please :wink:

Short answer is Yes..usually. The line goes into the answering machine and then another lead goes from the answering machine to your phone. Usually you can adjust the AM to pick up the phone (if unanswered) after a set number of rings. Some have the capability of recognising a fax tone and directing the call to a fax machine. Some allow you to interrogate your AM remotely and pick up any messages. Huge number of options and complexity.

The downside is that the cheap ones I've heard , the sound quality both outgoing and incoming has been awful. Think Dalek with haemorrhoids. No doubt products have moved on and someone will be along shortly to tell you about the great one they bought for £4.99 on eBay.

For my money this sounds the biz but have not heard it. certainly their tech spec is spot on http://www.retellrecorders.co.uk/recording/answering/332.htm

Back