Holy bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Prompted by Steve's mention of going through the bottom of a bowl. Mny perhaps all of us have done it at one time or another. Here's one way of rescuing the situation.

An elm platter / bowl that Iforgot had a recess and not a tenon which I usually uase. 12" dia.

Clean up the hole if necesseray and make both a small pedestal and a button in a contrasting wood.

Make sure that the button will fit into the pedestal and glue up.

Voila. Only another turner would know it wasn't deliberate

Pete

wow thats a great way to save a piece pete, not thought of that at all, not that i could do it either for that matter.

stevebuk":3ufk4at2 said:
wow thats a great way to save a piece pete, not thought of that at all, not that i could do it either for that matter.
I think you will be up there very soon stevebuk have seen your work and
you are moving on very fast...

stevebuk":8mcmigd4 said:

Damn site ls fiddly than making pens IMHO not that I've tried that either. From what I've seen of your work so far you could easily do it.

Pete

Jenx":36jx6p60 said:
I love it Pete ... great 'save' .....

You shall now be known as 'Gordon Banks' :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Careful, you're showing your age there half the people on here wouldn't know Gordon Banks from Barclays :lol:

now theres an idea - ive got a nice spalted beech bowl i went through the bottom of (trying to emulate merrete larsons translucent bowls) - i'll give it a go once my new toy arrives.

hog&bodge":3oilfcvq said:
I think you will be up there very soon stevebuk

That's right, cutting holes in the bottom of bowls with the best of us!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Seriously though, that's one of the best saves I've seen. Usually it's perfectly obvious that the patch of wood at the bottom of the bowl is there to fill a hole but that really looks pre-planned. Well done =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Richard

Bodrighy":1untsf8m said:
Thank you Richard, compliments from the pros are always welcome. :lol: :lol:

Pete

Only problem is Pete, now you've told us it was actually a cock-up you can't enter this one into the competition :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Richard

Richard Findley":544qao2p said:
Bodrighy":544qao2p said:
Thank you Richard, compliments from the pros are always welcome. :lol: :lol:

Pete

Only problem is Pete, now you've told us it was actually a cock-up you can't enter this one into the competition :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Richard
Wouldn't dream of it :roll: I've got plenty of cockups I haven't shown so I'm sure I'll find something :lol:

Pete

Bodrighy":1dc16wgp said:
Wouldn't dream of it :roll: I've got plenty of cockups I haven't shown so I'm sure I'll find something :lol:

Pete

0002006E.gif

Steady on Pete, do you really want to be responsible for a 'Holier than Thou' thread :lol:

Recon "If it doesn't hold water it's art. " ....thanks, we're one step closer to defining 'RT Far T'

Would that be where the saying "God Bless the Work" came from fixing Holy Bowls. Great save Pete I would it is more a Frank Swift save now he could save anything that came at him :lol: :lol: :wink:

Back