Holly logs - Purbeck, dorset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mind_the_goat

Established Member
Reaction score
Been doing some butchery on a sizeable holly tree in our garden. Anyone local is welcome to rummage through the bigger logs before it goes on the wood burner pile. The best bits are still on the tree, estimate 8-10 inches in diameter and a few few feet long, Bring a big enough saw and you can have that too.
Advice on how to prune trees also welcome :)

Lovely wood to work with, IF you can dry it without splitting, which is "quite tricky". Others might say da*n near impossible. A bit far away for me, too!

Regarding pruning, it all depends what you want it to look like. But once established, holly is pretty unkillable.

Yeah, I searched the archives to see if it was any use, thought someone might like a challenge.
There were some dead branches so maybe not entirely unkillable. Might have to buy a bigger saw to get the last side branch off, and then leave it a couple of years to recover.

Actually yes, still have some unsawn smaller logs plus the big one still on the tree. I'll send a PM

Back