Hollow form tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LW I'm sure someone at your club will have the Roly. Try before you buy if you can. Whatever you chose.

Hi LW- you have a pm about hollowing tools which you dont appeear to be picking up.
hopefully you'll see this message and find it

wizer":34kuytna said:
LW I'm sure someone at your club will have the Roly. Try before you buy if you can. Whatever you chose.

If I talk nicely to Duncan, he'll let me have a go with his, I'm sure.

George - thanks. Received and understood :wink:

Lightweeder":3gczu1qi said:
If I talk nicely to Duncan, he'll let me have a go with his, I'm sure.

Yep, no problem. I also have the Sorby straight and curved hollowers that you can try along with some home made ones that I showed you last time I came round.
I'll mail you

Had a thought last night - given the size of your lathe I doubt that you'll be turning anything that needs the capacity of the large Munro tool. Unless, of course, you're planning on getting a larger machine in the future.

duncanh":34w2q2ed said:
Had a thought last night - given the size of your lathe I doubt that you'll be turning anything that needs the capacity of the large Munro tool. Unless, of course, you're planning on getting a larger machine in the future.

Completely agree Duncan. I need something much more modest. What's wrong with the Henry Taylor Stott (Axminster have it)? Looks like all I'll ever need.

A belated thanks to Duncan for letting me have a go with his hollowers. I've bought the Sorby curved one and used it for the first time today. Seems to do the job well enough, and not too expensive.

Back