Hmm Whisky ;-)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooo Whisky, one of my fav subjects. All time favourite is Lagavulin closely followed by Caol Ila. I am mostly an Islay drinker but am very partial to the 25 yr old Macallan and I recently had a simply STUNNING Ardbeg 25 year old called Lord of the Isles. It was the most amazing whisky I have ever tried but at £150 per bottle it will have to stay as just the one taste unless the numbers come in.

Had some Lagavulin earlier this eve and might need a touch more now!

Slainte

Scrit":34la38al said:
[By the way when you were on Islay has Bruichladdich (prounounced approx. "breeky-laddy"? :lol: ) reopened or is that still mothballed as well? Scrit

It was *sort of* open. I can't remember the exact state - we were able to go in and look around - but they couldn't offer anything as they had only starting distilling so recently.

Adam

Hi

Nobody drinks Ballantines do they? At least it hasn't been mentioned so far... :(

It's my surname! :shock: ... quite expensive stuff, I have picked up a bottle or two over the years but whisky isn't really my thing... :roll:

LIDL sell nice Ballantines mirrors from time to time... very handy for me.

Cheers so
Joe Ballantine

Much as I like single malt Whisky, I had no idea there were so many around - or so many dedicated experts :D :lol: :wink:

I like my Glenfiddich - one bottle lasts about 18 months, so good value too :D

Had more types of whisky than I care to mention and made up a presentation on it for my wife to give to her international colleagues at work with 3 bottles to try showing the difference of flavours from different area's. I love Grant's sherry or ale cask, which is a blend easy available from supermarket, A great starter malt to try is Aberlour which is sooooo easy to drink, Bunnahabhain is the best to try of the Islay's without too much of the fishboxy TCP taste! I could bore you to death on this if let loose! Try one of each of these and I'm sure you'll be a convert. I'm lucky enough to have a relative who works for a distiller and get to try allsorts £150 a bottle stuff etc and it's a bit like trying to compare eggs with eggs! It comes down to personal preference.

:oops:

Back