Hip (hoo)Ray!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be out of there in no time Ray and you'll find the difference amazing being pain free and with more range of movement.

It will take some time to regain muscle strength and mobility in the leg as you don't appreciate how much you lose as the dodgy hip worsens over the years, but you'll get there quicker than you think.

Swimming is very good rehab' once the wound has healed up.

I may have mentioned, although relatively young (don't laugh!) I had mine done back in 2002 (a resurfacing version rather than complete replacement) due to a bad injury from my motorcycling days which worsened over the years, and it transformed every day living for me. So good that I don't really think about it most of the time, except when going through metal detectors at airports or wherever ! :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Very best wishes, Ray.

This thread title reminds me of another "on no account".

On no account give three cheers in Zambia as a sign of group appreciation for the work of the kitchen ladies. The look on one's Zambian hosts' faces when an entire roomful of white English people shout

"Hip-hip, Prostitute!
Hip-hip, Prostitute!
Hip-hip, Prostitute!"

has to be seen to be believed.

Again, very best wishes.
Steve

Get well soon Ray, although I have to say it made me ill just reading about it, good luck with your recovery

GT

Catheter - ooh, nasty!

You reckon Smudger. I had to catheterise myself every day for four and a half months! :oops:
Lucky me had a female nurse to give me a demo as well.
The male catheter is 14 inches long and she advanced towards me with this 'thing' in her hand, smiled sweetly and asked, 'are you the fainting kind?'
Good luck Ray, I won't say, take it easy as I doubt you have little choice in the matter.

Roy.

I got home at 12.30 on Sunday (8.11.09). Sitting or standing still produces no pain whatsoever, walking produces a slight "tug" feeling in the wound area, as you might expect! I'm using one stick and climbing stairs and getting around fine - which I find amazing. For those interested, a picture of the overall area is on-line, but I didn't feel it appropriate to just include it in this post.

If you want a look, click here.

Don't feel obliged! Thanks once again for the good wishes and encouragement. I'll probably get the other one done at the end of January. :)

Ray

The final dressing came off yesterday, all bruising now gone and I've abandoned my stick totally when indoors. I still take a stick with me when outside, just in case I get tired on my daily ½ mile walks.

No pain killers at all now and everyone is mightily pleased with the healing of the operation site, given that only 15 days have elspsed.

I've attached a picture here to show progress and I promise that it's nowhere near as grim as the first one was! :)

Ray[/b]

Well done. It's so good to hear how fast the progress is on this sort of thing these days. Hope the walks in gale force winds aren't too stressful :shock:

Boz

In my opinion the NHS has greatly improved, many stories around re good and speedy health care.

And Argee sound like another satisfied patient.

Back