Hip (hoo)Ray!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I went into the operating theatre at 13.30hours on Tuesday and was awake again at 15.30. with a total replacement right hip. I had quite a raging thirst and managed to drink two water jugs dry, together with three cups of tea over the next few hours, at which point I vaguely recalled being told that 50% of males had trouble passing water after a spinal anesthetic. It turned out that I was one of the affected percentage and I desperately needed a catheter at 03.30 Wednesday, after which 4 litres made their grateful escape!

I'm walking with sticks and I've now negotiated stairs and completed the physical exercise regime practice, so after another visit to the gym, I should be on my way home tomorrow. :)

Ray

I'll book a squash court for next Monday then Ray? :D

Seriously for a minute, I have seen this operation transform the lives of a number of people, and I really hope it works out well for you. Just do as you are told by the nurses, physios etc......

Mike

Smudger":3e1imsx7 said:
Catheter - ooh, nasty!
But good news that you are otherwise OK and on your way back home.
I think Ray will agree that after drowning yourself in order to go home
(no pee, no home regime), the catheter is a blessed relief. :oops:
Good luck Ray for speedy walkies.
Jim

Best of luck with the recovery Ray, if the results I've seen with friends who have gone through the procedure come your way then there's a whole new world awaiting you, not least the lack of daily discomfort experienced from a failing joint.

Best Wishes Ray,

I hope, like the others, you enjoy the super results that this surgery can bring.

Brendan

Yep me too! :lol:
Very Best Wishes :eek:ccasion5:
I shall toast your health tonight, ( any excuse) 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
regards

John

Well done Ray, glad to hear it all went well. I'll have to remember the spinal anaesthesia thing! ;)

Ray's new avatar,
pee.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Get well soon Ray. :wink:

Best wishes, it now means many shopping trips on foot to regain that muscular power you had before, but should reward you with some goodies.

Thanks for all the encouragement - much appreciated!

Apparently, I'm oozing more than I should be (oo er, missus!) so may not get home until Monday now. It's no wonder, what with a foot-long bruise and blood thinner meds, so I'm not worried about it, jut a tad disappointed. :)

Ray

Latest posts

Back