Hinges aaaaaaaaaargh!! Which one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to use euro hinges on my inframe kitchen cabinets, can you experienced guys please recommend me a hinge! There's loads!

To be honest I've never used them before. I'm looking for a sprung soft close hinge, I suppose it would be good if it could open in excess of 90 degrees. What do you recommend? Blum, Glass... Where to start!

Many thanks

Leo

Haha I know what you mean as there are so many out there. For me I just have one catalogue to keep it simple and that's Hettich. Everything they have supplied has been faultless. 110 degrees seems good for many applications and used the Intermat series in our home. You can have soft close buffers that either fix onto the hinge or get seperate ones to fit to the housing that the door shuts onto. Sure Blum is good gear as well.

I like these; as Zeddedhed above, but with a conventional screw instead of 'Inserta' fixing.

@Zeddedhed; just out of interest, do you use the EcoDrill jig or something else?

TIA, Peter

Pete, I do use a Euro Jig indeed. The main reason I use the Inserta hinges is I don't really trust tiny little No 3 x 16mm screws in MDF. I don't want call backs if they pull out, and since most of my work is for families with kiddies (known to treat furniture harshly if they're anything like mine) I'd rather rely on the expansion forces of the inserta hinges.

I tend to buy about 300 - 400 at a time so only pay about £1.78 per hinge. I think it's worth the extra few pennies.

Zeddedhed":3cdd3q43 said:
Pete, I do use a Euro Jig indeed. The main reason I use the Inserta hinges is I don't really trust tiny little No 3 x 16mm screws in MDF. I don't want call backs if they pull out, and since most of my work is for families with kiddies (known to treat furniture harshly if they're anything like mine) I'd rather rely on the expansion forces of the inserta hinges.

I tend to buy about 300 - 400 at a time so only pay about £1.78 per hinge. I think it's worth the extra few pennies.
Thanks for that; I'll have to try a few pairs and see. Funny, I always thought that screws would hold up better, though I use 3.5 x 16 - probably makes all the difference, lol!

@ Stanleythecat: Yep, also available as cranked/inset hinges.

Cheers, P

Latest posts

Back