Hi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, just a line from deepest Peru, to say the woodworking here has been gloriously disappointing so far, with the exception of a church door glimpsed in Lima.

I have been up country, literally on the frontier of civilisation and I want to hear no more nonsense about whether we are gloating about new steel or whether we have managed to nab a 7o9 righthanded one with the rare eel squiggle on the tote....once you see how physically stressful it is to survive in some parts of this world and how EVERYTHING is recycled, reused, remanufactured in a deparate attempt to attain SOME resources it puts Life and priorities into sharp focus.

Internet cafes are everywhere in the bigger towns, so maybe a further epistle will emerge, I will be on a school regeneration project for the next few days, maybe I WILL find a good woodworker after all.

Temperatures by day up to 43 degrees cent. and at night as little as 24 degrees. About to go to 3000 metres altitude, nights forecast to go to zero or below and we are camping beside the project......

Noel! The Roe midges are nothing compared to Amazonian mosquitoes!

Cheers ALL, Sam in Trujillo

hi Sam,in Italy too there are 39-40degrees,tonight there was 25 degrees, don't possible to sleep,in addition where I live in north Italy at west near France there are the rice fields therefore there are much much mosquitos.
luckily they don't touch me.

cheers Sam

Carmine

Latest posts

Back