Hi vis jacket

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardroom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi one and all

Just thought I would let those that don't know that if you intend to drive in France you are by law meant to have a hi vis jacket in the car not the boot.

This is to be at hand in case of a breakdown, I believe they are getting pretty strict on this law.

wardroom":38sxvirk said:
Hi one and all

Just thought I would let those that don't know that if you intend to drive in France you are by law meant to have a hi vis jacket in the car not the boot.

This is to be at hand in case of a breakdown, I believe they are getting pretty strict on this law.

Whilst I applaud the initiative, I can`t quite see the up lift in the manufacturing of hi-viz jackets, even if one is needed for every person in the car & by that I presume they also include babies & children & therefore increasing the whole range of sizes available, but still I can`t see this single handedly wiping out the euro crisis in France.

Perhaps if they added a few more things to boost manufacturing such as fire extinguishers, snow shovels etc then they might have a better chance.
That said & I don`t want to sound pessimistic I`ve a feeling it still might not be enough.

Oh well good to see these European countries not getting side tracked from the really important issues

Yep, definitely one for each occupant and also they have to be carried in the actual cabin, not tucked away with the rubbish in the boot.

We may scoff at our Gallic friends, but I've gotta say after riding a motorbike for years, (always wearing one) and in France this summer, they are actaully a bloody good idea. I saw several accidents and breakdowns and the car occupants on the roadside were almost always the first thing you see when approaching the hazard.

People say you look a tit wearing one, but I'd rather me and the family were live **** than dead cool dudes.

Maybe it's just me....

gregmcateer":h7t6uvm7 said:
Yep, definitely one for each occupant and also they have to be carried in the actual cabin, not tucked away with the rubbish in the boot.

We may scoff at our Gallic friends, but I've gotta say after riding a motorbike for years, (always wearing one) and in France this summer, they are actaully a bloody good idea. I saw several accidents and breakdowns and the car occupants on the roadside were almost always the first thing you see when approaching the hazard.

People say you look a tit wearing one, but I'd rather me and the family were live **** than dead cool dudes.

Maybe it's just me....

I'd rather look stupid and be alive than be a good looking corpse too.

you need to carry a breathalyser kit too! has to be an approved type etc...........

I'll bet that not many locals bother!

regards,

Colin

First, can I correct you in that you need to carry 2 (two) hi-vis vests within reach so that you can put them on before you get out of the car here in France. If you are in Spain then you need one for each person in the car. You also need to carry 2 (two) breathalysers in your car as from the 1st of July, BUT that has been relaxed back to the 1st of November because the minister who got the law bought in couldn't get his company to produce enough for the July date!

We don't have any party baloons in our car partly because we can't get them and partly even if we could they have a 'blow by' date on them and according to some that can be a short as 6 months.

Don't forget that your party baloons MUST carry the 'NF' stamp or the local knick knicks won't recognise them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back