Hi from Wolves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve w

Reaction score
just thought i woul introduce myself, - I have had my Graduate lathe for several years but still learning, work seems to get in the way of play but hope over the winter to spend more time turning, - i was wondering if there are any turners from the mids / Wolves area on here? Steve

Woodchips2":pxx1tko1 said:
Welcome to the forum Steve.

It doesn't matter how long you have been turning you are always learning :lol:

Regards Keith

Thanks Keith for the welcome its much appreciated, 1 welcome in 100 views keith your 1 in a hundred. :)

Im not a woodturner nor local!

But, welcome to the forum, being part of a forum adds an extra dimension to a woodworking hobby.

Welcome Steve to the forum.
I don't know where in Wolves you are but I know of a pro turner called Bill wilkinson who
has a workshop called 'Gifts from the Forest' based at Halfpenny Green Vineyard in Bobbington near Stourbridge.
If you are looking for advice or even just a chat he's a really nice guy, I do believe he also runs tutorials.
His Mobile No is 07811 646016 or just call in. ( oh yes, and it's right smack bang in the middle of a vineyard) :p :p
John. B

A warm welcome from Somerset as well.

You'll find this a really friendly site, with a wealth of knowledge that is shared freely.

Don't take the 1 in 100 badly, there are a lot of people who are 'voyeurs'

I know, I was one for months before plucking up to join in.

Phil

Thanks Robin,

Thank you John for the detail - i will be in touch with him, looks a great place,

Thanks Phil - the 1 in 100 was just a bit of a joke - i do alot of lurking myself, you would think thee were more turners in the midlands - all offering Tuition seem to be a bit far away.

phil.p":32nkksgd said:
Steve - find a club to join and you'll get tuition for next to nothing, as well as inspiration from having smart people with different ideas and opinions around you.

thanks phil, i joined 2 clubs - the one a great club i had to stop going to as it clashed with work which was a shame - and the other was made up of non turners just meeting for a chat so i stopped going

Back